How to Disable DRLs on 2010 STA (from Canada) | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

How to Disable DRLs on 2010 STA (from Canada)

HOSSzBOSS

Reaction score
City, State
Birmingham
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Sport Trac Adrenalin
Guys,
Can anyone shed some light on this for me? I recently purchased a '10 STA that was imported from Canada. I would like to disable the DRLs if the process is fairly easy? Any help is appreciated!

<

Trac Marks

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Sport Trac
Welcome. Shed some light - nice! I'll illuminate ya: At the Ford dealership with their software as its a BCM setting.

Read post #17 here:
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums...rogramming-daytime-running-lights-drl.322848/

While that particular thread is 2011+ Explorers, I can tell you we ordered our 2008 Expedition literally with every option, including $45 DRL. I updated the bulbs to LED a few years ago and the reduced power caused issues. So my local dealer undid the BCM (body control module) settings during an oil change for no charge. Some independent garages have limited Ford software, not sure if they'd be able to help or not. Good luck!

<