• Register Today It's free!

how to do just 2''

frj00

Reaction score
City, State
Allentown PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Sport 4wd 4.0 SOHC
Only looking to do 2" on my 99 sport is there a list of what to do, I seen the list for the 3" drop but not sure if going that low would be a good idea..just twist the torsion bars and pull out blocks? I have four small blocks already on what looks to be factory, the back halsh already sits 1'' lower is that the norm or springs sagging..
contact me direct at fredd00@hotmail.com
Possibly a list of manufactures for parts and nitro?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

try a search lots of info there...

are you saying you want to drop a 4x4? cuz if you are you're gonna run into so many problems and you're gonna get so much crap that it's really not worth it.

not true. I dropped a 4x4, its fine. Ive been lowered for half a year now, no problems. Don't go past 2 inches. I lowered the front 2" by unscrewing the torsion bolts and checking how far it came down with measuring tape. Then i measured from teh ground to the fender and got around 31" in front and 32" in the back, so i bought 1" blocks for the back, and voila, two inches lowered

Take a look at Dead Link Removed its about how I dropped my '99/

Good luck.....

My 4x4 is lowered 2 inches all around. Go to AutoZone or Pepboys, you can get 2 inch blocks. Put the blocks in, then crank the t-bars down so that the screw is only held in by about one turn. That got me to 28 inches from the top of the fender to the ground on all four corners.

I've had no problems so far. People tend to exagerate the whole "lowering a 4x4" issue. As long as you have a 95+, you should be OK.

should keep the factory bump stops or go energy suspension and cut them down a little. I read that in here before

Originally posted by frj00
should keep the factory bump stops or go energy suspension and cut them down a little. I read that in here before

I am still using factory bump stops with no trouble.

Originally posted by aldive

I am still using factory bump stops with no trouble.

I thought you went with X-spec? Didn't new stops come with the kit? Howcome you didn't install them?

Anyway - anyone ever tow with a lowered truck? I'm thinking about dropping about 1" in front / back - but my truck's a worker. I pull crap outta the ground, my boat and full loads all the time.

Will lowering impede that?

Al, Is that a saleen rear wing?

Ryan

I still have the factory Bumpstops. I sit on them. I think it makes the front suspension stiffer.

Hey, I have a Saleen Wing. Gotta' Love Um'!

Originally posted by rvitek
I thought you went with X-spec? Didn't new stops come with the kit? Howcome you didn't install them?

I did not purchase the "kit", just the componants, and waited till after dropping to see if I needed the bump stopd. I didn't.

Originally posted by rvitek
anyone ever tow with a lowered truck? I'm thinking about dropping about 1" in front / back - but my truck's a worker. I pull crap outta the ground, my boat and full loads all the time.

Will lowering impede that?
i have towed with mine. it does just fine. everything from a small utility trailer with 2 ATV's to a large home-made flatbed with my 75 bronco:eek: and it does just fine.

Back