How to fit 141' of tube in a 94 ex | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to fit 141' of tube in a 94 ex

Michael

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Knoxville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92
64dsc00550.jpg

I got the ex back this week from having the roof cut and the roll cage put in. The cage is tied to the frame in six places and has seat, harness, toolbox and tire mounts built into it. Now I just need for work to slow down so I can hit the trails and hopefully not test out the cage:roll:

Seat Mounts
64dsc00556.jpg

Tool Box Mount
64dsc00555.jpg

There are a few more pics from other angles in my gallery.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Your ex look tough:D I love it:D

Wow Michael thats really wild!:eek: :) The Red Bull has been decapitated. :D :cool:

HOLY CRAP!!!

that's awesome!!

That is pretty sweet...:thumbsup:

hmmmmm...something looks different from when I saw it at tellico..if I could only figure out what it was.... :eek:

Think you could post a pic of the tube running beside, infront of, around, thru the dash or whatever you did?

Thanks for the compliments guys. It is coming along according to plan rather nicely.

Bob: there is not a dash bar for the time being. It was determined that that area of the truck is plenty strong, and putting in a dash bar would make removal of the dash extremely difficult when it comes time for the next stage of the build. At that time, however, one will be put in for both strength and gauge holding.

so you just stopped right above the dash?

Bob, no it goes around the dash to the frame through the floor, I'll try to get a picture of it to explain better.

Damn dude! You've really gone nutz now ;)

I bet Randall is pissed cause this isn't something you can really do on a DD and still be comfy in Houston, so you one-upped him :D

holy crap thats sick! looks like i better get to work on my hunk of crap if im ever gonna follow you.... :D

Looks really good Michael. I cant wait to see it in Person. Please get some close-ups of the cuts. Like the roof cut and also the bed rail cuts. Thanks a bunch.

Holy CRAP!

That is SWEEEEEEET!!!!

How in the world are the rest of us suppossed to keep up with you guys? Between you and Brian you are making my progress look SLOW!! hahaha..

Damn that is nice tube work! Looking to do something similar with the BII, maybe only 94' of tube since there are no rear doors! hahaha..

Damn Michael that turned out SICK!!!!
Who did the work?

:D

I think I am ready to cut now :) Sure would make for a lighter tow. What did they use to cut the roof?

Look awesome! That's what I want to do but from the back glass only, keeping the back seats. What size tubes are you using?

Again, kicks as*!:chug:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Michael,

The lady that does my custom canvas can hook you up if you need anything done in canvas. She is really good.

Back