How to fit 141' of tube in a 94 ex | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to fit 141' of tube in a 94 ex

I just looked at the pics again, I can still remember up at Tellico when Randall cut off the metal from behind the rear tire and parts of the rear bumper...wow it has changed. I will say it once again, it looks awesome man, cant wait to see it in action again.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just looked at the pics again, I can still remember up at Tellico when Randall cut off the metal from behind the rear tire and parts of the rear bumper

That crooked cut is still there:D . I just can't bear to straighten it out. It drives my fabricator nuts though, he is dying to fix it.

mich, your truck is, i am out of words. what size tires you running. and what springs are in the back.sick truck what you going to do bout the edges

Those are 36-12.50-15 TSL's. The rear springs are stock from a '96 explorer. Still working on the edges, I'm toying with an expanding foam and fiberglass idea.

sounds good, you should make the old dores into half dores that would look sick, and a tail gate. just an idea the truck is awsome the way it is i love it. who made the front bumper?

Hey Michael you gotta be careful with that foam :)
We used it to repair a tear in the hull of a friends boat. We cut the wooden plywood floor open and glassed the hull from behind. The fiberglass was ripping because if was pushing up and tearing so we used some foam for support....well that stuff expands WAY more then you would think. We ended up chipping a whole bunch of it out to get the floor level again because it bowed out so much. Repair worked like a champ however.....

They have several diffferent grades, dont get the SUPER EXPANDER stuff or it will push the body panels right out! :)

If you got the stock doors back.. you should cut the tops off 'em and have jeep like doors on the sides. Or atleast for the rear passenger doors.

I'm glad I dont offroad... I dont think I could ever see my ex with its roof cut off.

I foamed one hole up already and that looks like the way to go. I still need to lay the glass over it, but I think I can make it look decent enough to go with everything else.

The half door suggestions are good, but I like it without doors. I can see so much better and it make hopping in and out on the trail easier.

The bumper and other fabrication were done by Texas Auto Gear here in Houston. www.texasautogear.com

OMG! You're nuts, lol :D

Gerrald I take it this is not in your trucks future? hahahaha

OMG! You're nuts, lol

Thats kind of the pot calling the kettle black ;)

DUDE! sweetest explorer i've ever seen.. i think urs even looks cooler than the pumpkin.. and i love that explorer. i need a new job.. my 5.50 an hour aint cutting it. i got my cb and rain gutters and thats about it.

If that truck had a back seat my kids would love to ride back there. They're so much fun. I should do that to my truck. But if I could only make it a removable hard top, so I wouldn't freeze so much in te winter. Sweet truck, man!

Back