How to: Ford Explorer Blower Motor Control Module - Replacement | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: Ford Explorer Blower Motor Control Module - Replacement

Similar problem but...

I hope this is the right place to place this?

My 96 Limited auto A/C fan will only run at max speed. When the thermostat tells the motor to run at medium or slow, the motor stops. Same with the thumbwheel - only full speed will work. Looking at the connector to the Blower Motor Speed Controlling, coming from the control head, I read 12VDC on pins 4-5. The two other pins read ~10v, and one goes to 12V when the fan is high, and 0V otherwise. I presume this one pin (pin 4 from blower motor speed) should have a variable voltage??? if so, the it would mean the control head is not outputting a variable voltage, if that is what it is supposed to do. Anyone know?

I hope this is the right place to place this?

My 96 Limited auto A/C fan will only run at max speed. When the thermostat tells the motor to run at medium or slow, the motor stops. Same with the thumbwheel - only full speed will work. Looking at the connector to the Blower Motor Speed Controlling, coming from the control head, I read 12VDC on pins 4-5. The two other pins read ~10v, and one goes to 12V when the fan is high, and 0V otherwise. I presume this one pin (pin 4 from blower motor speed) should have a variable voltage??? if so, the it would mean the control head is not outputting a variable voltage, if that is what it is supposed to do. Anyone know?

You can take a look at this thread and check out the tests you can run from the service manual that 96eb96 posted.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=361285

It helped my diagnose the problem plus there is some other useful links and info in the thread that may help you.

: Have 2013 explorer. Climate control panel doesn't work and heat stuck on max. Do I need "motor blower control" part as posts suggest or is this blend door issue or actuator? Thanks

: Have 2013 explorer. Climate control panel doesn't work and heat stuck on max. Do I need "motor blower control" part as posts suggest or is this blend door issue or actuator? Thanks

Hello - did you ever figure this out? I am having the same issue.

Back