• Register Today It's free!

How To Hang Up The Phone

Toddgfd

Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Sport
Sorry for such a basic question, but I can't find the answer in a search.

Q: Is there a way to hang up the phone with a steering wheel button? I try the one above the voice button, but nothing happens. I either need to allow the other side to disconnect or I need to enter the yellow "phone" screen on MFT and press the end call button. Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You have to hold down the phone button for a few seconds.

The phone call will be on the right screen on the dash next to the speedo. When done, click the center button on the right side of the steering wheel (the select button to control the screen). Press it again to hand up.

Voice and Hangup steering wheel button not working

Just got my 2015 limited explorer and noticed these two buttons to be not working. Is there something I need to look at?

Thanks!

I believe that this was brought up quite a while ago and I think the answer was that you have to hold the buttons down for a few seconds for the disconnect to engage. I'll see if I can find that post/thread.

EDIT: Found it and merged your thread with it.

Peter

Peter,

Thanks for the quick answer but I did hold it for a couple of seconds and nothing happened. Is there someone else you think I am missing? It is only the voice and Hangup all others are working correctly.

Did this happen while you were driving or were you just testing it out with just the ignition in accessory ?

See my post 20 in the following thread if you were just testing it. In that post I had to have the right information display active to execute the phone pickup with the 'OK' button. Not sure if that same scenario applies in your case.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=326566&highlight=hang

Peter

On my '11 XLT, you can press the center select button twice on the right hand switches.

The first press brings up the command select list, the second press activates the first command in the list, which is to end call.

End phone call on steering wheel?

Question- Just bought a 15 Sport. Is there a way to end your calls on the steering wheel? Seems you have to touch the LCD?

TIA

Press and hold the phone button. The right cluster screen will also show when you're on a call and will show "press to end call" on the display. Press the center button of the right side controls.

As Riley stated you have to press and HOLD the steering wheel button. For some reason it has to be held for a few seconds. Perhaps to avoid an accidental disconnect?

Peter

Back