How to: Install a K&N CAI in a V6 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: Install a K&N CAI in a V6

nice thanks for the write up. how has your gas milage been with the kit, i lost 2 mpgs fom just the k&n panel filter. 07 4.0 mountaineer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice thanks for the write up. how has your gas milage been with the kit, i lost 2 mpgs fom just the k&n panel filter. 07 4.0 mountaineer

When I first installed it, my gas milage went up. It peaked around 23mpg highway. However it has gone down to 19-20mpg highway.

I was wondering, what if you just add an aftermarket cold air filter to the stock air tube? What kinda performance would that have??

I tried that first and I didn't see any noticeable difference. However I didn't have a custom tune then. This spring, I may reinstall the stock air box with the K&N drop in to see if there will be any difference now.

Keep us posted.

I'm currently looking for an Air Intake kit for my 4.0L V6 engine, Any ideas as to where I can purchase one?

As I was reading, ASULL85 you mentioned re-installing your stock set up but putting the K&N drop (The Head) right? How did that turn out?

I'm currently looking for an Air Intake kit for my 4.0L V6 engine, Any ideas as to where I can purchase one?

As I was reading, ASULL85 you mentioned re-installing your stock set up but putting the K&N drop (The Head) right? How did that turn out?

I haven't gotten to it yet, unfortunately.

Back