how to install hid | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

how to install hid

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 and 95 explo
Can anyone send me a pic of installing hid ..its for my 95 ford explorer...i got stuck in the part of installing the headlight power relay idk where is it and i cant concentrate workin outside cause its cold here in alaska right now thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can anyone send me a pic of installing hid ..its for my 95 ford explorer...i got stuck in the part of installing the headlight power relay idk where is it and i cant concentrate workin outside cause its cold here in alaska right now thanks

A little info on what kit it is and maybe some pictures may help. Most HID kits are plug and play, super easy.

Its a xentec kit ..its a cheaper brand bulb size is 9007...i think its plug and play but idk where to connect the relay harness that controls the light..

There should be a ballast that plugs directly to the bulb and then the stock pig tail will also plug into the ballast. Take a picture.

Yeah i just thought of that... i thought before i have to remove all the wiring and find the main switch of it... and think the plug was so familiar to me.. and i realize i just have to connect the harness to where the bulb is connected...hahah... thanks danwaters

no worries, overlooking the simple things sure is easy sometimes

Back