How To Piss Off Your TiVo Addicted Wife | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

How To Piss Off Your TiVo Addicted Wife

Robb

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
To start, my wife, B, is a TV/Movie fanatic!! Both her and I watch a lot of TV, but mine is centered around TLC, The Discovery Channel, The History Channel, etc..................whereas her's is more Network TV "reality show" bullshit. :rolleyes: There really is nothing on TV that both of us can watch together, except NCIS..................................NCIS ROCKZ!!!! :thumbsup: :D

So, we finally get a chance to get away this past weekend, and we head out of town last Thursday afternoon until this Tuesday evening. B spent a good amount of time setting up her TiVo to record everything that she will miss while we are gone. Now, every night that we are gone, a LCS game is shown............and while not a huge MLB fan, I do enjoy watching the LCS and WS. So, B is fine with us watching these games in the evenings since all her favorites are happily recording at home and she can watch them when she returns.

So, we get back in town yesterday, and she goes to check out her recorded shows.................and all are NOTHING!!! My lazy bill paying a$$ was a little behind on our DirecTV payment, and our DirecTV service was turned off sometime Thursday night. All of her precious shows weren't recorded!! :p

TV fanatics get REALLY upset when you fawk with their shows!!!! :D

section525

sextion525
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Red Bluff, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1975 Ford Bronco 4x4
I've gotten to the point where I am setting everything up for automatic payment from my bank account. I mean.. it's not like I don't have the money to pay the bills.. it's I don't have the motivation! :D

Robb

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
section525 said:
. it's I don't have the motivation! :D
Yep, I am the same way. Thing is, DTV makes it too dam easy to pay your bill late! :D If I am overdue, they turn the service off, then I go online and pay the bill, and they turn the service back on in 30 seconds. No harm, no foul.

For whatever reason, and lord knows I am the perfect candidate, I can't bring myself to setup auto-payments to anyone. I just have this attitude of, "hey, I'll pay ya when I am dam well ready to pay ya." :eek: ;)

DirtyDog

I will not!
Reaction score
City, State
Alberta,Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
15 Sport
Robb said:
I just have this attitude of, "hey, I'll pay ya when I am dam well ready to pay ya." :eek: ;)

Me too. Mainly my cell phone bill. They usually call then I pay.