How to: Program a replacement PATS key Ford Key Programming | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: Program a replacement PATS key Ford Key Programming

Using the reset master key, could I place my ST key with chip close to ignition "on" spot, and use the cut ignition key my dog chewed up to use the "initiate new master key procedure"
Pictures to follow.. *phone is too dead to take pic*

Please advise.. our x is stuck at work, I have to pick it up.. thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Using the reset master key, could I place my ST key with chip close to ignition "on" spot, and use the cut ignition key my dog chewed up to use the "initiate new master key procedure"
Pictures to follow.. *phone is too dead to take pic*

Please advise.. our x is stuck at work, I have to pick it up.. thanks

Not sure what you're asking, but you can remove the chip from your transponder key and glue if inside the steering column plastic trim housing under the ignition switch. The you could use any regular cut key to start your truck. Of course this would defeat the PATS system.

I suppose you coud do something similar to program a new transponder key as long as your dog didn't damage the chip.

Well, I was reading too quick and realized AFTER I tried the 45 minute new key program to reread over the process to find out I'm still stuck because our X is a '00 and it will still have to be towed to a dealer :(

Key programming

I have one original key for my truck and went to Ace Hardware to get a duplicate programmed. I have a 3rd that I purchased from Amazon that has been cut but when following the instructions for my truck it doesn't program. Does anyone have any ideas? When I read the instructions I see "2 original keys" can it work with one duplicate as I have?

Sounds like ACE "cloned" your original remaining "programmed" key.
Two programmed keys are required to program a third. Eight maximum.

What Is The Difference Between A Cloned Key And A Programmed Key
http://www.ebay.com/gds/What-Is-The...nd-A-Programmed-Key-/10000000178247159/g.html

I'm pretty sure the only way Ace or Walmart can make a working transponder key is to clone it. They don't have the required equipment to do it the way a good locksmith (or Ford) does it. As stated, you require 2 working non-cloned keys to make a third yourself.

We spent $102 at the dealer for two keys, cut, & programmed.. I cant wait to try and program a third and see if I have two programmed or one and a clone..

We spent $102 at the dealer for two keys, cut, & programmed.. I cant wait to try and program a third and see if I have two programmed or one and a clone..

If the dealership made your keys they should not be clones. I doubt the dealership would even have the equipment to make clones.

Awesomeness :) He did have to reset daisy so she was running rough for the first few days, but after an hour in the woods she was her normal self..

I was raped by ford and still doesnt run! $701 new tumbler, new chip same old key, (to also unlock doors) new transceiver, STILL NO START!!!!!! !@#$

I have a 1997 X' Sport. I lost my only key. So I tore into my lock cylinder b/c mine is not a transponder key. When i got the lock cylinder out and put it back in and turned it to the on position, the alarm went off. I removed the horn relay (b/c noise) it started right up with my screw- driver. So I made it home. The next morning went to start it and the theft light was blinking like crazy. After alittle bit of a wait, I was off and running. Made it to my job-site. Now it wont start at all (not even a click). What do I do? Do i need to buy a new lock cylinder set fot it? Or am I missing something?

i had lowes program one i bought from there and replaced ignition barrel now what do i do ialso have evo ride bypass module help me out people!!!

I have a 1997 X' Sport. I lost my only key. So I tore into my lock cylinder b/c mine is not a transponder key. When i got the lock cylinder out and put it back in and turned it to the on position, the alarm went off. I removed the horn relay (b/c noise) it started right up with my screw- driver. So I made it home. The next morning went to start it and the theft light was blinking like crazy. After alittle bit of a wait, I was off and running. Made it to my job-site. Now it wont start at all (not even a click). What do I do? Do i need to buy a new lock cylinder set fot it? Or am I missing something?
im not sure im having same issues it sounds like i invested in a bypass module new cylinder new programmed key at lowes battery still no start its the ***** i tell ya!!!

Forscan would require having two keys -to- program, but you wouldn't need two in the system to begin with (you'll erase everything that's already in there).

im not sure im having same issues it sounds like i invested in a bypass module new cylinder new programmed key at lowes battery still no start its the ***** i tell ya!!!
Does your theft light flash rapidly?

What is the purpose of the bypass module?

Forscan would require having two keys -to- program, but you wouldn't need two in the system to begin with (you'll erase everything that's already in there).
From forscans website
So, what do you need in order to program PATS using FORScan:

1. Extended license (Standard and Extended licenses for Windows - FORScan forum)
2. At least one valid ignition key (master key) that is known by PATS, except the case when all keys are erased from the PATS memory

Interesting.

MORE from forscan

Let's review a use case for the following scenario: a vehicle supports coded access. PATS knows 2 master keys, but the owner has only 1 of them. The owner wants to erase the lost key from the PATS memory and program new one (for this purpose a blank key is purchased). There is no way to delete a single key, only all known keys can be erased. So the user has to perform the operation in 2 steps: remove all keys known by PATS and program the old key and the new key

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Right, that's the only situation where I've used Forscan. Not clear on how it would ever work with only one key.

Back