How to put MFT - MyFord Touch into diagnostics mode | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to put MFT - MyFord Touch into diagnostics mode

If I had only scrolled back up

So used to be on ms auto 4, and the fact that the flash lite version didn't change further makes me believe they moved over to silverlight

Thanks a ton for these screens

Or they are still using the same version of flash lite:(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not to throw a wet blanket on this, but Windows Automotive 7 is the one with silverlight integrated in.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsembedded/en-us/evaluate/windows-embedded-automotive-7.aspx

Silverlight is available for Auto 4.1 (Motegi), and 4.2. Both are based on Windows CE 6.0 R3... both use .NET CE 4.2

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=14226

Look under Windows Embedded CE 6.0 R3 includes the following new features:

Thanks for the link. I couldn't find anything myself on it and I kept coming across windows auto 7 with MS saying Silverlight was "brand new" for that release.

Marketing I guess.

Yeah, they always have only shown info for the latest version, I used to have a clarion Auto PC .. which I think was based on MS Automotive 2.0, that's the last time I really looked at all that.

We have however used Embedded CE 6.0 R3 in a few projects here at work, so I know it can do silverlight ;) We actually took on the same exercise of porting a few applications from flashlite to silverlight over the past year, and have seen outstanding performance increases, not only in the applications but in all the background processes as well, since the flash lite apps were sucking up all our resources.

Everyone keeps knocking microsoft, but when it comes to automotive computing they've been in the industry since 98 I think, they have almost a decade and a half into perfecting it. There's nothing wrong with Microsoft, all of MFT's problems are solely the application development, (Ford engineers, and whatever company they outsourced to). FlashLite was a horrible choice, especially when Silverlight was available from the beginning. I'd rather have seen the whole thing done natively in C++ than using Flash, there's a reason Apple refused to include flash in any iDevice. There's a reason Adobe has ceased development on Flash Lite and Flash for Mobile

I wish Ford would release technical documentation about what technologies were being used. It would be nice as an end user to know what we are getting in software if we want to know such information. At least we confirmed they are updating to the latest service pack on MS Auto by the diagnostic screens.

If Rebecca or Cory are watching this thread, is there any chance the engineers would put together a short document about the technologies used? Versions of operating system, flash lite or silverlight, any other technical information they can think of?

This information was released by Ford as a press release when MFT was first announced (along with announcing a "soon to be available" Open SDK for developers). But now that they aren't talking about any of it.

I wish Ford would release technical documentation about what technologies were being used. It would be nice as an end user to know what we are getting in software if we want to know such information. At least we confirmed they are updating to the latest service pack on MS Auto by the diagnostic screens.

If Rebecca or Cory are watching this thread, is there any chance the engineers would put together a short document about the technologies used? Versions of operating system, flash lite or silverlight, any other technical information they can think of?

This information was released by Ford as a press release when MFT was first announced (along with announcing a "soon to be available" Open SDK for developers). But now that they aren't talking about any of it.

Whatever they develop it on, I hope its more stable. This morning's fun was any capital letter "W" on my screen was replaced with a "_" character until I pulled fuse 29 - which itself was a fun experience because my fuse puller was strangely missing from the back cover of the fuse panel. Must have fallen out and behind the carpeting. Nothing screams memory leak like overwritting your character memory with random junk

w1kedz,

I'll let them know people are interested in this info, but I can't guarantee that anything will be released.

Rebecca

Where can I find out what the most current versions are so I can check if mine is up to date?

latest version is 3.5.1 And if you have navigation, you will have an A4 sd Nav card. Register on syncmyride.com also. That should give you the version you are on.

MFT is now ready for prime time

I suspect this thread will soon be abandoned. While I'm still not doing a hoop dance over 3.5.1, it does seem stable and the updates are welcomed. From here forward I hope Ford will begin implementing user suggestions.....now that they've finally got MFT working.

Two items to consider: Add one additional function to the display button. How about a selection to turn off all the messy boxes on the screen so we can actually see the map? And, how about allowing us to "drag" the screen like almost every map app in existence? The poke and stab method to move the map is nuts!

Anyway, life is good and I suppose the MFT geeks can now get a good night's sleep.

Sharin

Entering Diagnostics with Gen2 - V3.6.2

So, a friend gave me a tip yesterday. To enter MyFord Touch (Limited with Sony radio) into diagnostics mode:

- Make sure there is no CD in the system
- Set MFT to AM/FM
- Press and hold the eject button and...
- Immediately after press and hold the right arrow on the center wheel while still holding the eject button
- Hold both buttons pressed for about 12 seconds
- Screen goes black and MFT enters diagnostics mode

The system defaults to a speaker tone test which starts immediately. You can cancel it on the screen.

PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Have fun :D

If you have Gen2 - V3.6.2 version of Sync, I found the following method worked for me.

- Make sure there isn't a CD loaded
- Turn your ignition on and then off
- Turn the entertainment system off
- Hold the eject button and the fast forward button on the steering wheel
Within a few seconds the background colours will go black,
then the diagnostic page will appear shortly afterward.
Data for the GPS page takes a while to load so be patient.

Just to be clear - at least on my 2011 - with the "cursor" of the right hand dashboard display on the AM/FM selection, press and hold the CD disc eject "button" (a recessed cutout on my Explorer) and then immediately press and hold the right hand Seek "button" that is located in the upper left hand corner of the center console.

I did not have to turn the car off, then on, or do anything else other than press and hold the buttons with the cursor over the AM/FM setting on the right hand cluster display.

Some people have said it takes 12 seconds to access diagnostic mode, mine came up in about 5.

I didn't find the screen selections terribly well labeled, but I did manage to get through the diagnostic mode touch screen recalibration. There was no "exit" or "escape" "button" to touch on the screen. I just touched the screen again after finishing with the recalibration process and it exited to the main screen.

what worked for me on my 2016 Ford Explorer sport with Sony

Make sure you eject cd before starting

turn car on then off turn off

press and hold eject then right forward track on center console

I have the 2012 Explorer and here is what I did to get my diagnostics to show up:

1. Turn ignition on and then turn off
2. Press and hold the CD Eject button and the Seek >> (right/fwd) button until the instrument panel turns off
3. Turn ignition on and the diagnostic screen turns on

So, a friend gave me a tip yesterday. To enter MyFord Touch (Limited with Sony radio) into diagnostics mode:

- Make sure there is no CD in the system
- Set MFT to AM/FM
- Press and hold the eject button and...
- Immediately after press and hold the right arrow on the center wheel while still holding the eject button
- Hold both buttons pressed for about 12 seconds
- Screen goes black and MFT enters diagnostics mode

The system defaults to a speaker tone test which starts immediately. You can cancel it on the screen.

PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Have fun :D
I have used this mode to calibrate my screen. After i touch all the cross hairs it tells me to push the enter button to confirm or the escape button to cancel. Which buttons on the radio serve as the enter or escape button?

Back