How to Remove Aviator front license bracket | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to Remove Aviator front license bracket

esandye

Reaction score
City, State
Oklahoma City
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator
I have an Aviator in order but didn’t exclude the front license tag bracket. How easy is it to remove? My state has no front tag requirement. I had to drill out my 2011 explorer bracket and was hoping this is just bolts.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nope, it is plastic clips that aren't meant to come out. Had to deal with this on taking mine off for the xpel film. Probably best to drill out the clips (rivet type)

Nope, it is plastic clips that aren't meant to come out. Had to deal with this on taking mine off for the xpel film. Probably best to drill out the clips (rivet type)

Thanks for the reply. I contacted my dealer and they were able to delete the front license bracket since the order was just last week and not yet processed by Lincoln. Problem solved!

My Aviator has the bracket listed on the sticker but it isn’t installed. Maybe it’s installed by the dealer?

My Aviator has the bracket listed on the sticker but it isn’t installed. Maybe it’s installed by the dealer?
If it's on the Window Sticker I would think it's a factory installation. Since your state only requires a rear plate, they probably didn't install it. There doesn't seem to be any real consistency with this item.

Peter

Back