How to remove chrome piece from bumper?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to remove chrome piece from bumper??

slaughterrt

Reaction score
City, State
Old Bridge, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer XLT
Hello all. I searched the forums to little success. I have the bumper off my explorer (from a 99 xlt). I am trying to remove the chrome pieces around my fog lights. I need a little advice on how to take them off. I found a few screws on the bottom of the chrome that I took off, but could not release the chrome pieces from the bumper. Is there anything else holding it on? Thanks guys.

Edit: Never mind, I got it off.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any chance your keeping them off? I actually need some but all the ones i can find are pretty beat up.....

I am actually going to keep them on. I took them off and the bumper looked a little unfinished without them. I sanded the chrome pieces down and primed them dark gray and they match up well with the gray plastic. I put them back on, and plan on painting the whole bumper black. Sorry.

Might as well post some pics. :D

yeah lets see some pics, i just rhino lined all my bumpers and flares on a white sport. looks nice

Maybe I should rhino my bumpers...that would be nicer than flat black which I plan to do. It will be at least tuesday before I can post some pics because i am out of town.

Back