How to remove front bumper cover on 2016 model? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to remove front bumper cover on 2016 model?

MolonLabe

Reaction score
City, State
ケベック州
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Explorer Sport
Hi guys,

Just wondering how to remove front bumper cover on my 2016 Ford Explorer Sport?

I was also wondering how to remove or get access to my fog lights and also my tailights...

Thank you!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Foglight bulbs are accessed in the front part of your fender liners. Taillights are easy, 2 bolts behind those little snap on covers and they slide straight back, be carefule as there is an alignment tab on the front part of the housing.

Thanks...

I want to remove the front bumper cover to have access to foglights to drill a hole for hideaways lights and also install siren/speaker on the chassis/bumper, behind the bumper cover.

Foglight bulbs are accessed in the front part of your fender liners. Taillights are easy, 2 bolts behind those little snap on covers and they slide straight back, be carefule as there is an alignment tab on the front part of the housing.

Oh, well goodluck.

Hi guys,

Just wondering how to remove front bumper cover on my 2016 Ford Explorer Sport?

I was also wondering how to remove or get access to my fog lights and also my tailights...

Thank you!
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Disassembling your Sport already? ;)
FYI, the Forum has a very handy 'Search' feature (upper right) than can be used to find existing topics. There is a thread that shows a bit on how to remove a bumper on a 2014 but I guess you just want to remove the cover. It looks like the cover is part of a 3 piece assembly. http://parts.autonationfordwhitebea...-components-rear-scat/?part_name=bumper-cover

Peter

Back