• Register Today It's free!

How to remove n/s sun visor

scottboarder

Reaction score
City, State
Whistler, BC, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer Ltd V8
Anyone have an idea how I can remove the left clip to the sun visor?

Thanks
visor.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think the cover pops off and the screws are under it?

I think the cover pops off and the screws are under it?

X2, just use a small flathead or simaler to pop the cover off around the pole, should expose the screws

The piece that screws to the roof of the truck broke on my 2004 Explorer. Does anyone know where i can find a replacement without having to pay $80 at the Dealer for a whole new sun visor

I had that break when i had my headliner redone and i had to pay $125 at the dealer to have it replaced. The heat had gotten to it and broke it in 3 places. So be careful or start looking at the dealer or junkyard for a new one.

I had that break when i had my headliner redone and i had to pay $125 at the dealer to have it replaced. The heat had gotten to it and broke it in 3 places. So be careful or start looking at the dealer or junkyard for a new one.

The cover pops off with a small, thin screwdriver. But, like 03explorerL said, be very careful not to break the cover.

Good luck.

I was wondering if anyone has found an aftermarket sun visor that is reasonably complimentary to the interior but with a different mount/pivot device. Maybe one that won't fail as quickly as those of the many years they put this trash in explorers. You'd think that a $30K automobile would have better quality parts or engineering, especially on something as simple and highly used as a sun visor.

I just bought my second visor bracket for my 2004 Explorer. I should have ordered a pair when I replaced the passenger side visor bracket. I ordered the replacement brackets from the following website (which I have no attachment to other than previously purchasing a bracket from them): http://www.ezclipbrackets.com/

There is a video on the website showing how to install the new bracket.

The brackets are metal (aluminum), and should last as long as your vehicle. They work very well, and unless you can find a complete visor at a local junk yard for an inexpensive price, you can fix your existing visors for about 20 dollars apiece.

I'm having trouble getting mine off. Is it the inner or outer plastic piece that has to come off?

I'm having trouble getting mine off. Is it the inner or outer plastic piece that has to come off?

The plastic cover has little tabs two on each long side I think. They are located right where the cover touches the headliner. It is a little tricky to pop off.

Edit: Spending a day at a wrecking yard can teach you how a lot of things come off, without breaking yours.

I was having trouble and ended up using one of these
316PC.png
(paint can opener)
but also yes, there are 4 little tabs 2 on each long side of the oval.

Just had to investigate sunroof drain tube- was disconnected causing a little leak.

Back