How to remove overhead map light console 2010 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to remove overhead map light console 2010 Explorer

jziggy101

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Explorer Eddie Bauer
Does anyone have the instructions on the proper way to remove the overhead map light console on the 2010 Explorer Eddie Bauer? I need to get to the wiring up there and do not wish to break any of the connectors while trying to remove it.

Thanks

I dont know how different yours is from mine "2007 xlt" but it was really simple, had it off to replace the bulbs with smd 4x6 panels..... something like 2-4 screws and you pull it down and it unclips from the roof... mine had 2 or 3 pigtails connecting the electrical ... all the screws were inside the 2 doors for the glasses and garage opener

I dont know how different yours is from mine "2007 xlt" but it was really simple, had it off to replace the bulbs with smd 4x6 panels..... something like 2-4 screws and you pull it down and it unclips from the roof... mine had 2 or 3 pigtails connecting the electrical ... all the screws were inside the 2 doors for the glasses and garage opener

My Eddie Bauer is a little different. My 05 had the garage opener and glasses compartments but the 2010 EB has the moon roof controls as well as the rear air/heat controls on the overhead compartment.

I will look for the screws and clips you mention. Thanks

Back