How to remove STUCK Drum Brake

dogfish246

Reaction score
City, State
New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Ranger V6 4x4
Hey guys,

So here is my latest video on how to remove a stuck drum brake. What a pain this one was. Took me 2hrs to do this job!

If you have any methods, comment and let me know (for the next video possibly).

Also, if you like the video, give it a thumbs up and/or leave a quick comment on YouTube (it helps me out).

Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6jpNC6emOQ

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The best thing ive used was a dead blow on the sides hitting back and forth also once he had one so badly stuck we had to break the drum with a sludge hammer

The best thing ive used was a dead blow on the sides hitting back and forth also once he had one so badly stuck we had to break the drum with a sludge hammer

Dang. Can that damage the wheel bearing from hitting it so hard?

No its mainly to shock it as a dead blow is filled with sand

i use a large puller. same one i have used to remove flywheels from small engines. put it on and tighten it down so it under pressure. spray it with penetrating oil and let it sit. it normally pops off after some time

i use a large puller. same one i have used to remove flywheels from small engines. put it on and tighten it down so it under pressure. spray it with penetrating oil and let it sit. it normally pops off after some time

I think the puller is the best way. I called the local parts stores to try and rent and or buy one, and just my luck, no one had them in stock... lol

Back