How to replace front map lights

Jason94sport

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 EB V8
How do you remove the front map light housing to replace the 2 map lights? I have the sunroof & the home link one. Taking the lens cover off does nothing. I don't see screws. Just pull it off?
Also why did the parts stores say 168 bulbs fit? They are NOT 168 bulbs. Have to get the long skinny bulbs.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Pull the entire unit down...it has metal friction clips. Afterwards some screws have to be removed and basically you access everything from the back.

Thought I broke it, but I got it. If it had to come off again I'm 99% sure it would break.

That was the point....👍

That was the point....👍
Just hope you didn't get the blue crap that all the local brick and mortar stores sell. I tried them first due to the easier availability and they made the entire inside like a blurry haze to my eyes.

Tip: Install a red LED in one of your map lights to be able have a light to use light without affecting your night vision.

ewwww Those would drive me nuts.
Turns out I'll need some other ones anyway. The ones I got are not bright at all. They look like mood lights not map lights.

ewwww Those would drive me nuts.
Turns out I'll need some other ones anyway. The ones I got are not bright at all. They look like mood lights not map lights.
well I can change the color to be whatever I want

Back