How-To: Replace Front Wheel Hubs on a 95-01 Ford Explorer AWD (Video) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How-To: Replace Front Wheel Hubs on a 95-01 Ford Explorer AWD (Video)

willzilla

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
San Antonio, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT AWD
ABS light is lit up on the dash of my 2000 Ford Explorer and scanning codes revealed P0500 & C1155 codes. This led me to determine, with help from forum members, that a wheel speed sensor went bad as I had already replaced the speed sensor in the rear differential with no change. I went ahead and replaced both front wheel hubs (with wheel speed sensors). Here is a "quick" video that may be helpful for those whom like videos over reading the steps in a post:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ABS light is lit up on the dash of my 2000 Ford Explorer and scanning codes revealed P0500 & C1155 codes. This led me to determine, with help from forum members, that a wheel speed sensor went bad as I had already replaced the speed sensor in the rear differential with no change. I went ahead and replaced both front wheel hubs (with wheel speed sensors). Here is a "quick" video that may be helpful for those whom like videos over reading the steps in a post:

dont know if i said this yet but your videos are some fo the best X ones i seen! great angles, camera skill, editing, etc!

dont know if i said this yet but your videos are some fo the best X ones i seen! great angles, camera skill, editing, etc!
For sure def better than mine

Thank you! Trying to improve with every video :D Was to greasy to break out my Sony camera for the better quality footage I've been using a bit lately but the GoPro did alright! :)

Ehhh you have a better phone
but the angle in mine you wouldnt even know what youre looking at 🤣
Thank you! Trying to improve with every video :D Was to greasy to break out my Sony camera for the better quality footage I've been using a bit lately but the GoPro did alright! :)
ahhhh still looks great!

but the angle in mine you wouldnt even know what youre looking at 🤣

ahhhh still looks great!
dude just wait till some of these videos get posted lol

Lol :D where do I find all of these floor videos!?

Lol :D where do I find all of these floor videos!?
i havent made any such 🤣 but if i were to make one it sure would be the floor and some surrounding noises

Back