• Register Today It's free!

How to replace the blend door?

hockeyadc

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer
I haven't found any DIY's for this anywhere, just the actuator. Do I have to remove the entire dash? If so is there an easy DIY for that at least? I saw some variations of cutting holes, going through the glovebox, etc. If it is not too bad to remove that dash I think I'd just rather do it that way, but I don't want to break anything in the process.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It sucks. If its the passengers side I did one on my sister in laws 2011 Ex. You have to remove the glove box, the trim and then the box itself. you will see the actuator off to the left. The first bolt is easy to get to. The second in shoved in the back. That's the one that's gonna give you the most trouble. Once you get that done its all done hill from there.

you said passenger side, is there more than one? i can hear it flapping shut when the air is turned up too high, and then its stuck on heat. it sounds like its more towards the middle but a bit on the passenger side maybe?

To give you better info what is the year and model of your ford? I work for a dealer so I can get you info on this issue.

Awesome. Its an 02 2wd xls. Im hoping to fix this before it gets too hot lol

do you have the dual zone heating and air?

No just in the front. Manual temperature adjustment

Also just to make sure, I am talking about the actual blend DOOR not the actuator. I replaced the actuator twice, thats not the issue. I can hear the door physically moving

Sorry I haven't got back you in a while. The site was down. The door I have never done. Sorry.

I found this on youtube.

This may help thanks. Is there a factory manual somewhere that shows how to remove the dash?

yes you can find a digital copy online. Just google search it. try helms.com

Back