How to route wires thru firewall...??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to route wires thru firewall...???

hey I'm wanting to install off road lights on my 2010 sport Trac but I don't see any access thru the firewall???

Has anyone routed wires thru firewall for switches in cab, if so, Where?

Would rather avoid drilling into wall....

I have ran a few wires thru my firewall....i do however have an 94 X. They way i do it and have seen others do it is by takeing a sharp pick or nail and tapeing the wire to the end and find a rubber O-ring already present in the fire wall and just carefuly puch tru the rubber ring in the firewall and pull the wire thru once wire and puch/nail are vixible on opposite side.
Make sure where ever you choose to do this you can access it from engine bay as well as under the dash. Good luck.
Ill glady post a pic of how i did it on mine if you like.

Usually I follow the hood release cable to where it goes thru the firewall. There is a good sized rubber gromet that I drill a hole thru and push/pull the wires thru the hole taped to a straightened out coat hanger.

I just kind of cut a little chunk out, rammed my wires through, and smashed the plug back in place. Fits pretty good...

Its more of trial and error on the side of caution.

Back