How to seafoam a 97 mutineer 5.0 v8? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to seafoam a 97 mutineer 5.0 v8?

parad1mg

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
La Mirada, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Mounty 5.0 AWD
Hi guys, great site... apparently i have some free time today since i got sick and called out for work so here goes...

I've been reading a lot of good things about this Seafoam product and would like to try it myself. i got the merc a couple of months ago for $1500 and i also met the first two owners of the vehicle. Sadly none of them were petrol heads thus the un-maintained condition of the mounty. The paint was cracked up on the hood and it took me 14 hours to clean and detail the interior and a good 8 hours restoring the paint on the rear hatch.

Anyway, i love my mounty in everyway (except the time i got a speeding ticket...damn v8) and I'd like to get the engine and most of the car up to shape. Is there any existing forum that has a detailed step by step procedure on how to Seafoam a 97 v8 mounty?

Any information would be greatly appreciated. :salute:

I've been hearing about this "seafoam", and my explorer runs great like the day bought it with 50k. I do have 130k now, wouldn't doing this completely destroy my engine... In other words I'm skeptic as ####!:rolleyes:

It will be fine, it actualy runs ALOT better.

Back