How to tell (from the circuit board )what does a 4 button remote does | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to tell (from the circuit board )what does a 4 button remote does

Frya

Reaction score
City, State
Erbil
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer XLT
hello everyone

can I know from the circuit board what does the 4th button do? "the housing is not the original and it is for a 3 button one"

is it (Lock - Unlock - Panic - Trunk(2x)) or (Lock - Unlock - Panic - Remote Start(2x))

text/number on the integrated circuit is:
37C158IAS
115 G 4
TATCC

number engraved on the green board BF11406668870

photos attached

thank you

circuit board.jpg

IMG.jpg

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
A long time for your first post.:) I'm guessing this is a IKT (Intelligent Keyhead Transmitter) remote. Is there any way that you can activate the buttons on the circuit board without putting the cover back on to see what they operate?

Peter

Thank you, the thing is that the three buttons of lock, unlock, and panic are working, I want to know what does the 4th button do, is it for liftgate or remote start (my xlt is equiped with non of them to see what it operate)

I want to know what does the 4th button do, is it for liftgate or remote start (my xlt is equiped with non of them to see what it operate)

Perhaps listed in the instruction manual?

Most IC chips are not job specific. The chip just has the needed functions to make the design work.

Without a component level diagram of the board you will have to take @peterk9 advice and try to figure out what it runs.

It may be a programmable Auxiliary relay somewhere on the receiver device.

Back