• Register Today It's free!

How to track your order?

AussieBob

Reaction score
City, State
Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Limited
How and where (website?) are you able to track your order?

Do you need an order number from the dealer or can you use your X-plan number?

How do you get the VIN?

I know it is early days (only ordered my Explorer a week ago), and I see everyone else showing when they ordered it and what eta's they have, etc, but I feel everyone knows something I don't (and that isn't unusual at all!!). :)

Thanks,
AussieBob :australia

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I ordered mine on April 2nd, and was told it would take 12 weeks to receive my new Explorer. I didn't realize you could track the vehicle. Any advice? Do I need any certain order numbers from the dealership here in Texas where I ordered it?

I did not place a factory order, but purchased an inbound Limited last week that was available. I have a vin number and a build date of 3/10/11.

Dealer was not really sure when it would be in, as he thought they would have it already. They have told me three weeks, then they told me 10 days.

Anyway I can find anything out with just the vin number?

Send a PM to Seni (FordCustSrvc) with your order number and dealer code. She will tell you your VIN if its been created. You also call Ford Customer Service or ask your dealer.

Next up is the build date and the window sticker. Build date can comes a week or two before the date and a window sticker becomes available a few days before your build date.

Once its built and MFT is installed, it usually goes to "Awaiting Shipment". Its anyone's guess (including the dealer and Customer Service) when any particular Explorer will actually ship.

Sadly, there is no FedEx-like tracking number where you can get up to the minute status just by checking a website.

JDraper: A suggestion. Maybe a sticky with the whole order to delivery process (including websites and who to contact when) can be created. We seem to get a lot of related questions.

Vegas,

If you have the VIN, PM Seni. She will get back with you within 48 hours

So the answer is to get my order number and dealer code from my dealer and then contact Seni?

Okay guys, act as if you're talking to a 3-year old. What is a "PM"? And, when you say "Send a PM to Seni (FordCustSrvc)," would that be on the Ford website, or another location? First off, I've got to get the order # and the dealer #, correct? I guess the dealership where I ordered my Explorer would have that info, a week after the fact?

Okay guys, act as if you're talking to a 3-year old. What is a "PM"? And, when you say "Send a PM to Seni (FordCustSrvc)," would that be on the Ford website, or another location? First off, I've got to get the order # and the dealer #, correct? I guess the dealership where I ordered my Explorer would have that info, a week after the fact?

The "private message" would be done on this forum. Look for Seni's user name (FordCustSrvc).
She needs your order #, date, dealer code & name of dealer ship.

Thanks. I've sent an e-mail to the dealership as I don't have those numbers.

I've emailed my dealer as well. Do they generally offer up this info? I'm expecting to be given the runaround.

I'll pass on what I know afte going through this. The first thing is that the dealer can give you an order confirmation so you can make sure it is correct and will show their dealer number and their assigned order number. Seni can track with that until a VIN is assigned. Two more important fields are order type and priority. Type 1 is retail (customer) which yours should be and type two is dealer stock. Mine was initially a 2 until fixed. The dealer can assign down to priority 10, the lower the better, and the region can assign lower.

The next step is for the order to be "scheduled", which I believe is when the plant accepts it and a VIN is assigned. I ordered on Monday 3/14 and it was scheduled on Thursday 3/24. Scheduling only happens on Thursdays, so if you miss one you wait another week. The order type, priority, allocation and maybe other things affect which new orders get scheduled. Only the dealer or Seni can check for you, there is no web site for customer use.

The next step is the assignment of a build week, a Monday date. I believe mine was assigned on 4/1 a build week of 4/18. When I asked again on 4/8, I then had a build day of 4/21.

The next step will be that your window sticker will be available online, about a week before the build date, and it will show the build date so you can see if it changes.

I put this in another thread but I'll put it here too. It is an example of a status history I found for a Ford Raptor which I like because it shows what statuses the car can go through. This history is available on a dealer web site so they can always look it up and print it.

Status
Primary Secondary Vehicle Location Status Date / Time ETA
Delivered Final Delivered (Sierra Mountain Express ) F52627 - Riverside Autoplex Of Poteau Poteau, OK Feb-04-2011, 07:39 CT N/A
In Transit Shipped Convoy - Convoy # A115326 (Sierra Mountain Express ) Ramp 6T, Birmingham, MO Feb-03-2011, 07:39 CT
In Transit Received - F119 (Bavarian Motor Transport Llc ) Ramp 6T, Birmingham, MO Jan-07-2011, 13:26 CT
In Transit Received - F119 (Sierra Mountain Express ) Ramp 6T, Birmingham, MO Jan-07-2011, 02:07 CT
In Transit Shipped Convoy - Convoy # 111005063 (Jack Cooper Transport Co Inc ) Ramp 59, Dearborn Truck, MI Jan-05-2011, 14:54 ET
Awaiting Shipment Re-Released Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI Jan-05-2011
Awaiting Shipment Origin Received - (Jack Cooper Transport Co Inc ) Ramp 59, Dearborn Truck, MI Jan-04-2011, 11:28 ET
Awaiting Shipment Origin Received - Mb11 (Autoport Limited ) Ramp 59, Dearborn Truck, MI Jan-04-2011, 11:08 ET
Awaiting Shipment At Plant Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI Jan-04-2011
Awaiting Shipment Released Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI Jan-04-2011
In Production Produced Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI Jan-04-2011
In Production Sent to Plant Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI Dec-17-2010
In Order Processing Scheduled to Day (Jan-03-2011) Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI Dec-09-2010
In Order Processing Scheduled to Week (Week -of Jan-03-2011) Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI Dec-09-2010
In Order Processing Scheduled to Day (Jan-03-2011) Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI Dec-07-2010
In Order Processing Scheduled to Week (Week -of Jan-03-2011) Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI Dec-06-2010
In Order Processing Scheduled to Day (Jan-03-2011) Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI Dec-04-2010
In Order Processing Scheduled to Week (Week -of Jan-03-2011) Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI Dec-01-2010
In Order Processing Scheduled to Day (Jan-03-2011) Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI Nov-23-2010
In Order Processing Scheduled to Week (Week -of Jan-03-2011) Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI Nov-23-2010
In Order Processing Scheduled to Day (Jan-03-2011) Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI Nov-22-2010
In Order Processing Scheduled to Week (Week -of Jan-03-2011) Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI Nov-22-2010
In Order Processing Scheduled to Day (Jan-03-2011) Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI Nov-20-2010
In Order Processing Scheduled to Week (Week -of Jan-03-2011) Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI Nov-11-2010
In Order Processing Unscheduled- Clean Sep-07-2010

I put this in another thread but I'll put it here too. It is an example of a status history I found for a Ford Raptor which I like because it shows what statuses the car can go through. This history is available on a dealer web site so they can always look it up and print it.

Status
Primary Secondary Vehicle Location Status Date / Time ETA
Delivered Final Delivered (Sierra Mountain Express ) F52627 - Riverside Autoplex Of Poteau Poteau, OK Feb-04-2011, 07:39 CT N/A
In Transit Shipped Convoy - Convoy # A115326 (Sierra Mountain Express ) Ramp 6T, Birmingham, MO Feb-03-2011, 07:39 CT
In Transit Received - F119 (Bavarian Motor Transport Llc ) Ramp 6T, Birmingham, MO Jan-07-2011, 13:26 CT
In Transit Received - F119 (Sierra Mountain Express ) Ramp 6T, Birmingham, MO Jan-07-2011, 02:07 CT
In Transit Shipped Convoy - Convoy # 111005063 (Jack Cooper Transport Co Inc ) Ramp 59, Dearborn Truck, MI Jan-05-2011, 14:54 ET
Awaiting Shipment Re-Released Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI Jan-05-2011
Awaiting Shipment Origin Received - (Jack Cooper Transport Co Inc ) Ramp 59, Dearborn Truck, MI Jan-04-2011, 11:28 ET
Awaiting Shipment Origin Received - Mb11 (Autoport Limited ) Ramp 59, Dearborn Truck, MI Jan-04-2011, 11:08 ET
Awaiting Shipment At Plant Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI Jan-04-2011
Awaiting Shipment Released Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI Jan-04-2011
In Production Produced Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI Jan-04-2011
In Production Sent to Plant Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI Dec-17-2010
In Order Processing Scheduled to Day (Jan-03-2011) Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI Dec-09-2010
In Order Processing Scheduled to Week (Week -of Jan-03-2011) Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI Dec-09-2010
In Order Processing Scheduled to Day (Jan-03-2011) Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI Dec-07-2010
In Order Processing Scheduled to Week (Week -of Jan-03-2011) Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI Dec-06-2010
In Order Processing Scheduled to Day (Jan-03-2011) Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI Dec-04-2010
In Order Processing Scheduled to Week (Week -of Jan-03-2011) Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI Dec-01-2010
In Order Processing Scheduled to Day (Jan-03-2011) Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI Nov-23-2010
In Order Processing Scheduled to Week (Week -of Jan-03-2011) Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI Nov-23-2010
In Order Processing Scheduled to Day (Jan-03-2011) Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI Nov-22-2010
In Order Processing Scheduled to Week (Week -of Jan-03-2011) Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI Nov-22-2010
In Order Processing Scheduled to Day (Jan-03-2011) Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI Nov-20-2010
In Order Processing Scheduled to Week (Week -of Jan-03-2011) Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI Nov-11-2010
In Order Processing Unscheduled- Clean Sep-07-2010

Can you put the website out there again for checking the status? I tried the one in the previous post - as I have my VIN - and it wouldn't work for me...

Can you put the website out there again for checking the status? I tried the one in the previous post - as I have my VIN - and it wouldn't work for me...

The only web site that helps us is the window sticker which seems to be showing up 7 days before the build date. Otherwise, Seni or the dealer have to check the status. The last I heard, my build date is 4/21, so I hope to see my sticker tomorrow. Here is the site where you can enter your vin at the end.

http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=

oh my , it took almost a month from one transport truck to the next. I wonder why the delay in the same state? This has been the big question all along...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back