How-to videos | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How-to videos

Joe Dirt

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Camry
I just ran across these tonight on youtube- didn't know if it was already posted, but there are a LOT of good videos here, answering questions asked a lot by new members, like replacing instrument panel bulbs, heater core, lock actuators, etc...

CLICK ME
(Search for "Ford Explorer" on his YouTube channel)

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I come across some good videos occasionally. They show you things like replacing car mirrors, refilling an A/C, changing oil, and transmission fluid. You don't see stuff like how to slim jim a door or pick a lock. If you do, then it gets removed before you could see it. This particular place has a lot of good how to videos. Thanks for posting it! :thumbsup:

I couldn't believe I never saw any of them before... <shrug>

His explanations of some of the stuff is overly basic, but that's ok- it would be really good for some of the people not familiar with the Ex or the Mounty. :)

Thanx guys, glad to help!

Cant remember his name off hand, but one of our members has quite the YouTube collection of videos too; ive used a few, but ill give these a watchin too :p:

thanks dirt. bookmarked.

Thanks for the update!

They are under the ExpertVillage account on youtube. They're actually fairly local to me.

They are under the ExpertVillage account on youtube. They're actually fairly local to me.

Joe,
When was the last time you looked at ExpertVillage on YouTube?
Not much there I care about, Celebrity Fashion, How to care for Chinchillas and stuff like that.

The guys over at 1aAuto have a bunch of Explorer videos.

Bob

I couldn't believe I never saw any of them before... <shrug>

His explanations of some of the stuff is overly basic, but that's ok- it would be really good for some of the people not familiar with the Ex or the Mounty. :)

Thanx guys, glad to help!

Not gonna lie, for some of us auto dummies those overly basic explanations are a big help!

If you search within ExpertVillage, or any user name for example, the search will list all the related (i.e. searching "Explorer") vids that concern how-tos for your type vehicle, or respective subject. I just did that for the first time, and it worked! :-D

They have plenty videos for our trucks.

"Expert" Village sometimes misinforming

I'm not saying all his videos are crap, but there have been a couple instances when that guy is talking out his ass. Nothing major but his "how-to's" should not be the only thing you refer to when working on your vehicle. Get a second expert opinion. Would have saved me some time and money had I not learned the hard way, but whatayagonado? Also I agree some of it is pretty patronizing..

hahaaa...

Well, I'm still trying to find the vendor for an off road Y-pipe for my 2001 Ranger. Anyone have a source?:rangerred:

Back