How to view album art and song titles on SYNC screen | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to view album art and song titles on SYNC screen

artnalex

Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
I just bought a CD, but for some reason SYNC does not recognize the album art, singer, or song titles. It just says something like Song 1, Unknown Artist, and no album art.

It does this for all my CDs.

How can I get The album art and song info to show on the screen?

Thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just bought a CD, but for some reason SYNC does not recognize the album art, singer, or song titles. It just says something like Song 1, Unknown Artist, and no album art..

I just started using the CD today and same thing....:rolleyes:

I just started using the CD today and same thing....:rolleyes:

The CD standard goes back to late 70's or early 80's. Honestly it is pretty crude, there is no provisions for album art or title information. If you have an iPod then you get album art and title information.

The CD standard goes back to late 70's or early 80's. Honestly it is pretty crude, there is no provisions for album art or title information. If you have an iPod then you get album art and title information.

Really? So no matter what CD I load I will get no titles? So far that is the case....pretty sad.:thumbdwn:

Edit: This happened today on a new store bought CD, no titles at all.

I just bought a CD, but for some reason SYNC does not recognize the album art, singer, or song titles. It just says something like Song 1, Unknown Artist, and no album art.

It does this for all my CDs.

How can I get The album art and song info to show on the screen?

Thanks in advance.

If you're talking about a store bought CD, then it does not come with album art. If you rip your CD, then you can add the art and track info that's associated with the album via Windows Media Player, or iTunes.

WMA or iTunes will match your album to an online database and import the associated information.

Do you use Windows Media Player or iTunes?

All CDs don't come with album artwork or song information. At least all of mine don't have it. It's not an EX issue.

Really? So no matter what CD I load I will get no titles? So far that is the case....pretty sad.:thumbdwn:

Edit: This happened today on a new store bought CD, no titles at all.

Unfortunately these disk have to be able to play on all CD players, even the ones from the 80's. If you drop your MP3 etc. onto a formatted CD then you can get the album art, because this format is not bound by the audio CD spec.

Back