• Register Today It's free!

How to?

B2Cobra

Reaction score
City, State
McMinnville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1988 Bronco II
Not sure where exactly this post goes so I'll try here. On the keyless entry keypad located by the doorhandle on a '96 model, how do you reprogram the keypad? The keypad and module is being retrofitted into a different vehicle and needs to be reprogrammed.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Cobra,
It is not an easy process to re-program the keyless entry. It isn't a matter of punching some numbers. I'm not familiar with the process, but if you do a search for keypad, or keyless entry, I know one of these posts give a link to exactly what needs to be done. Or maybe someone who knows the link will reply.

Good luck,

Robb

OK Thanks I'll see if I can find that post. I'm using the keypad to activate shaved door solenoids.

I just did it to my 2000 last week. If you know the current code all you do type in the old code , then type in your new 5 digit code with in five seconds and you are set.

Sorry about that Cobra, I was under the assumption that you didn't know the code. If you do, it is easy to reprogram.

If you know the code, it is a permanant code, and you can only add "temporary" codes of your choice to that. No matter what happens, your permanant code will always work. If you don't know the permanant code or want to change the permanant code, check out:
Changing Permanant Code

Back