How would i go about wiring up 2 150watt lights to the fog lamp stock switch | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How would i go about wiring up 2 150watt lights to the fog lamp stock switch

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You would use a 30amp relay from the battery and use the high beam wire as the trigger or hook up a seperate toggle or hook up to your factory fog wire.

Those lights must be seperate from your stock system.

Need help with the wiring let me know...we could meet some where if you'd like
I'm off of rt 8 near 95, Bridgeport.

Little more info...Do you want the lights to go off when the high beams come on?
I can understand fogs on the fog switch but not 150 watters.
You can use the wires fron the unused factory fogs to activate the relay for the new lights. You may want to check and see if the factory fog switch cuts off the power or ground to the factory lights. Seems I remember someone saying the ground was shut off...Not sure..
Did you get a wiring kit w/the lights?

He can do it on the fog switch with a relay.

well here are the lights i am planning on getting here is my current setup
18335image017.jpg
how hard would it be to mount them on top of the bumper i know it would bling people cause i have heard that these would be twice as bright as headlights
I2012.gif

Those appear to be long range lights. If so I would think you woulb want them on when your high beams are on not w/low beams.
If thats the case you dont want to use the factory switch. You would want to use the high beam wire to activate the switch(that comes w/the lights) so that they would come on with the high beams, if the switch were in the on position. This is so much easier to use in daily driving then having to turn them on & off seperately from the high beams. Also safer for you and on comming drivers who may be cops.

ya i waqs thinking about that i think i am going to hook em up to the brights but have the fog lights to be able to be on with the brights

You're making thing more complicated then they need to be. This is actually a very simple wiring setup. Like I said, if you need help...I am right down the road. If not I can explain the wiring. Also, those lights may be too deep to fit on the bumper. I have those and they are about 6" deep.

Back