• Register Today It's free!

How would you rate tires on XLT

On The Bcyde

Reaction score
City, State
New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Ford Explorer XLT
I have a 2011 XLT with mich latitudes.. After about 30K miles. I do notice hydroplane issues during heavy rain. Snow hasn't been to much of an issue on local streets but I do notice changes. Has anyone changed their OEM tires? Why and what did you get?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'll replace them with the Lattitudes again. For an SUV tire, they are wearing very, very well. I expect them to go to 45K.

I have a 2011 XLT with mich latitudes.. After about 30K miles. I do notice hydroplane issues during heavy rain. Snow hasn't been to much of an issue on local streets but I do notice changes. Has anyone changed their OEM tires? Why and what did you get?
I don't have an XLT but did change the OEM Hankooks on my Limited as soon as I picked the vehicle up from the dealer. I wanted a tire with a little more aggressive tread and the Yokohama Parada Spec-X provided that. I don't use them in the Winter since dedicated Winter tires are safer and provide better all round traction in cold weather. I have the BFG Winter Slalom tires for that on a 17" wheel.

Peter

Michelin OEM tire wear

I too, have a 2011 XLT. Just turned 36,000 miles. 90% of my miles are straight line interstate. Tread will be lucky to last another 10k.

I'm very disappointed especially because they are Michelins. I thought I'd get 65-70k from them, especially with the highway driving %.

I won't be buying Michelins again, that's for sure.

II thought I'd get 65-70k from them, especially with the highway driving %.

You are going to struggle to find any tire that will give you that kind of service life on a 2 1/2 ton vehicle. 2WD might provide a better shot, but a 4WD going 45K with no cupping, scuffing, etc is good service life. I wish they'd go 65K, but no vehicle in this class I've ever owned has broken 40K. (Highlander, Yukon, etc).

Back