• Register Today It's free!

howdy all, new Exp owner here

jtversky

Reaction score
City, State
Silver Spring, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer XLT
just picked up my first Explorer - a CPO 2013 Green Gem XLT. This'll be quite the switch for me, as i've previously driven sport sedans (Audi A4's and Infiniti G37's), but as i've gotten married and moved into parental territory, having an SUV has become a necessity. Really liking the truck so far - just updated to MFT 3.8 and got everything dialed in stockwise...spent a couple of days just lurking and learning to see what options there are for possible mods down the road. I don't think i'll be doing anything too crazy as it's the family hauler, but there are a few feature adds that i think i'll do (Homelink retrofit, remote start, maybe LED headlights). Looking forward to being part of the community! Here's a pic of our car during delivery!

20160102_151048.jpg

just picked up my first Explorer - a CPO 2013 Green Gem XLT. This'll be quite the switch for me, as i've previously driven sport sedans (Audi A4's and Infiniti G37's), but as i've gotten married and moved into parental territory, having an SUV has become a necessity. Really liking the truck so far - just updated to MFT 3.8 and got everything dialed in stockwise...spent a couple of days just lurking and learning to see what options there are for possible mods down the road. I don't think i'll be doing anything too crazy as it's the family hauler, but there are a few feature adds that i think i'll do (Homelink retrofit, remote start, maybe LED headlights). Looking forward to being part of the community! Here's a pic of our car during delivery!

9iwH89aQ4X1sRHAQSvDtdm3zsu1a2XJRQ1YY8YZDmFiDrARZYSJJwZPue4fam-OxaupVnQejc7nGnQ2QRkZCL-ufpDJco2MwMpHroXsO3xqQMqYDpgkTcuJEal7UznaMzlJslr4fR_iWJx6yQYcfqanHBo4J7krl6LgoYrk6ZaxGW1mJyiYys9pecB5YhcmPyatVi9QTaI4n7wKRe10EGLmMs678mG5DJq1uR8xLUYIKT7iEA925sOmLs25zt61Riwjoxm8qMoeEjMIjH7JYLoxAvtu9KvVux4PggA_hwMO8-BHaVxZWr4Riyib5Ix9V5reKsi80_ck73xFZy4fOUp55w44Cavi6WBrW-9G4s29bR7doPciOCqvfdFK2dqa6ZZ3KbXm-TIlNTROWYHrz9b0n95-5mq5AbDXdbbfCS8GM8duUljiH_kg3ssJhb2p1YH2WL04nkFChRD1c_QP2C0emuI9e6PXB9dD6FRxFwfsHC7HMULEn42aJxrzDhXkadZ3tAC1BJQPFERDA4Qe-8EaFTdQGZWo6MSprmUqvYd8DVqPNZfTrfgiH-ooK0mCNbnZK=w1257-h707-no
Welcome to the Forum. :wavey:
Your picture is not showing up. Not sure how you attached it but there is a thread in the New Member Introductions sub forum that shows how to attach pictures etc. It is in the 'Sticky' section; https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25

Peter

Pete, thanks for the heads up. I was sharing it off of Google Photos, which i've had issues with on other forums - it shows up fine for me (probably because it was cached). I've updated the URL for the photo - hopefully that fixed the issue.

Welcome to the Forum. :wavey:
Your picture is not showing up. Not sure how you attached it but there is a thread in the New Member Introductions sub forum that shows how to attach pictures etc. It is in the 'Sticky' section; https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25

Peter

Pete, thanks for the heads up. I was sharing it off of Google Photos, which i've had issues with on other forums - it shows up fine for me (probably because it was cached). I've updated the URL for the photo - hopefully that fixed the issue.

I saw it at first when I looked at this thread, but when I came back it looked like it had been removed from the original location it was hosted from.

Back