Hub centric wheels? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hub centric wheels?

OK. I am a little confused about the hub centric wheels. I have a few questions. I know that Hub centric means the weight of the vehicle is not solely on the lugs.

Is it a major problem if the wheel is not hub centric? Like an American Racing Ansen Sprint wheel.

Also how can I tell if a wheel specifically made for a jeep would fit a 3rd gen explorer? Meaning if the wheel is hub centric specifically to a certain generation of jeep could it still fit on an explorer with/without being hub centric to the explorer?

On my Paseo, I had some American Racing alloys in the past.

With brand new tires, all this was tried to correct a vibration on the highway:
-mutiple rebalance attempts
-another set of new tires
-shank style lugnuts

Finally contacted American Racing about the issue. They suggested trying hubcentric rings, and sent me a set of them for FREE. Those solved the issue :thumbsup:

I have seen pics online of lugbolts that have snapped off, possibly from not using hubcentric rings. For the small price, I'll use them to avoid breaking lugbolts.

On my Paseo, I had some American Racing alloys in the past.

With brand new tires, all this was tried to correct a vibration on the highway:
-mutiple rebalance attempts
-another set of new tires
-shank style lugnuts

Finally contacted American Racing about the issue. They suggested trying hubcentric rings, and sent me a set of them for FREE. Those solved the issue :thumbsup:

I have seen pics online of lugbolts that have snapped off, possibly from not using hubcentric rings. For the small price, I'll use them to avoid breaking lugbolts.

Awesome. I am still undecided but that was great info. THANKS:thumbsup:

Back