hud gauges for explorer

expo5.0

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Red Wing, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 xlt

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I want one, then I wouldn't need to add any other gauges :D

Wonder how much it is?

thus far i haven't dared call them to ask

i would be scared too...I dont think it could ever be worth it. Theyre cool and all, but I wouldnt want them in my truck. My grandpa's Caddy has a HUD, and its freakin annoying, especially at night.

oh it would be worth it for me- most of my truck would probably be annoying to you if these bother you

I got a machine, didn't leave a message.

Originally posted by expo5.0
oh it would be worth it for me- most of my truck would probably be annoying to you if these bother you

i like your truck. wish I had the money and skills to do stuff like that...but not HUD gauges;)

Having those would be like flying a F-18 or something. I bet they cost a fortune, but I want them anyway. :cool:

Do it Drew! It would be totally kickass (just like everything else on your truck...)

Ooh... I like :D Buy it, then tell us if it was worth it ;)

My mom's 95 Grand Prix has a HUD. From what I understand, the part the HUD reflects off of on the windshield is sepcial in some way. We know because they told us it would be a fortune if we ever had to replace the windshield. This one may be different though. I would think about it if it didn't cost an arm and a leg, but it probably does.

Here is what thay sent me about them,

We currently plan on having the basic HoloSportÒ HUD ready for general availability around January. It will be priced comparable to conventional gauges at MSRP of $486. We are working on getting distributors up and running. The basic system comes with Tachometer, Vacuum/Boost, Oil or Water Temperature, Oil Pressure, and Volts. Also included is a programmable shift light, a NOS arming and activation light. All of these functions can be viewed at the same time or each separately.

Additional expansion cards w/ senders (included) will be available for $80 to $125 MSRP depending on the function. These include functions such as speed, exhaust gas temp, air/fuel ratio, stereo amplifier temp, and NOS level. There is a limit as to how many of these can be added because the display gets crowded.

The dash unit measures 7"x7"x1-1/4" and we supply all the necessary senders for universal installation. For the individual that wants to mount it flush under the dash we have an under dash mounting system available. This of course requires cutting a hole in the dash.

The image displays directly on the windshield but you need to apply our clear proprietary film (supplied) for the best results. This is to eliminate the distracting double image you often see when something is reflected off of the dash onto the windshield. We condition the optical properties so that you get a nice single crisp image of the display. We also have an optional Tombstone display much like the fighter pilots have in their aircraft. These are available for an additional $127.50 MSRP.

The unit will be available in three-color choices; green, red/orange, and blue. It turns out that due to availability the only color available initially will be the red/orange. We are having the web site updated to reflect this. We have also designed and patented the system to work in daylight. There are two settings because the light required for daylight operation is to bright for nighttime use.

I hope this was informative and thanks for considering the HoloSportÒ product.

They dont have speedo on the basic design, and to get it you have to spend additional money?!?!? Thats pretty lame...

Back