Hummer H2 test drive( a real test drive) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership! If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

Hummer H2 test drive( a real test drive)

osker75

Reaction score
City, State
houston, texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Jeep Wrangler
ah...people...just get a jeep rubicon and stop the complaining :D :confused:

Holiday Special! Join the Elite Explorers $20 for 2 years! Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

huskyfan23

Rah no Hans Bwix
Reaction score
City, State
WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT 4x4
I've always wondered if you tip an H2 over do shoes fall out? :p

I'm sure H2's are fairly capable, but not like the H1's. It's odd an offroad school would use stock H2's over a built Jeep. Probably for people to go home and say they drove a Hummer. Glad you had fun!

thecause17

Reaction score
City, State
Hutchinson, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Ranger 4.0 4x4
huskyfan23 said:
I've always wondered if you tip an H2 over do shoes fall out? :p

I'm sure H2's are fairly capable, but not like the H1's. It's odd an offroad school would use stock H2's over a built Jeep. Probably for people to go home and say they drove a Hummer. Glad you had fun!

Yeah, they had an H1 there too, and the course at the building had lanes for both vehicles. The vertical wall was 4 inches higher for the H1, and the water hole was 10 inches deeper. It's definately more capable than the H2 is that's for sure. I really would've like to have seen it in action, it was impressive at the beginning course, but we didn't see it out on the trail later.

spta97

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
NY, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 5.0 AWD
I was really in love with the H2 when it first came out. Given some time I fell out of love with it. The price is pretty steep too (although better than the $125k for the ugly H1). After a while it looked too much like a school bus.

I really wonder how many people spend $50k to go off roading? I think this vehicle was made for people who want to look "bad" and 90% of which never leave the pavement. I unfortunately am part of the 90% with my X...I would love to go but I don't know where to go in Long Island and I'm afraid I'll scratch it all up.

dgibson

Elite Explorer<br>ECX member
Reaction score
City, State
virginia beach, va (originally from AR, go Hogs)
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 xlt
I saw something in offroad magazine about that place. How much did it set you back? I was kind of interested in going there. I'm not a big fan of H2's either, but my x gets the same gas mileage. That was something cool you did for your brother. That would have been something cool for someone to do for me before my funeral...i mean wedding.

thecause17

Reaction score
City, State
Hutchinson, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Ranger 4.0 4x4
I think it was $275, right around there...that's expensive as is everything there, but since we split it up amongst us it wasn't so bad. I think ended up paying like $40 or something. you can only take so many people though, and they're not really clear on that cause when we called they said he could only bring two people, when we got there the kid told us we could have as many as we wanted and could've rotoated people in and out of the vehicle, as long as we used one vehicle in the time 2 hour time frame, it was the same price. So I dunno...

SkunkMagnum

Reaction score
City, State
Louisville, Ky
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 4X4 and '02 XLT 4x4
I'd vote for the 93 lifted X with M/T's over the Tahoe...I mean H2...
even though I have the same front suspension, or close enuf anyway.