Hummer H2 - yuck | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership! If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

Hummer H2 - yuck

TwoToneX

my pockets hurt
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
broomfield, co
Year, Model & Trim Level
'90 XLT 4x4
Well, I've been seeing these things around lately, and I don't really like 'em, but they're ok. I've seen about 3 of them and all three times I was with a different person and 2 of them said "geez, that's a big jeep" Which is pretty much true, they look like oversized jeeps...plus I don't like the back end too much...

Anyways, I was driving to Firestone to get an alignment today and I saw one parked in front of a Gold's Gym... Except this was no normal H2, it was mounted on at least 20's... Looked terrible IMHO... I was going to get a picture of it but didn't have a camera on hand....

I didn't think they were too bad before I actually saw one, but now I'm thinking they're pretty ugly...especially on 20+ rims... what do you guys think?

Holiday Special! Join the Elite Explorers $20 for 2 years! Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

CAC91

Reaction score
City, State
Morrison, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 XLT
Yeah they're typical GM in this era: Plastic POS way overpriced for yuppies. I have read that they can actually wheel pretty decent but how many asses that drive them will actual use them for anything but taking trips to the mall?

410Fortune

Truck Season!!
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 "Slightly" Modified
Callsign
FOURTEN
WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU BUY A HUMMER AND THEN PUT STREET RIMS AND TIRES ON IT?????

I would laugh at that rich fuc&%^. Thats like putting swampers on a Vette............

hahahahaha!

The new H2 should not be called a Hummer if you ask me. It should be a Yukon "off road" ir some stupid crap like that. I like them, I would drive one, they can hold thier own off road, but I can guarantee you would be doing a 14 point turn on some of the switchback trails here in CO, just too damn big. PLus they dont have much ground clearance.
Still doesnt deserve the Hummer name. Drop it from a chopper at 40 feet and see if the wheels come up through the fenders.......an old hummer could drive away from that....

I'd rather have a Ford N E day

leenjen

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
in the poconos, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 sport
i like them. i wouldnt buy one for that price, but it's still a decent vehicle. i got a chane to ride in one on some mild trails (the guy didnt want to do anything that would scratch it up). sure, it's not an H1. but for half the price it's a pretty good stock offroader.

mahieber

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
League City, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT 4x4
What's wrong with swampers on a vette?

jimbo74

Elite Exploder
Reaction score
City, State
Nor*Cal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001, F150, XLT 4x4
i had oversized tired on my tercel ;) 205/50/15 when stock size was 155/80/13.....i think the [email protected] is ugly... it looks like a matchbox toy car....

leenjen

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
in the poconos, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 sport
Originally posted by jimabena74
i had oversized tired on my tercel ;) 205/50/15 when stock size was 155/80/13.....

did it look good? that's not much of a difference in tire diameter (3 tenths of an inch). just lower profile tires.
i'm sure it looked a lot better then stock

RangerX

Elite Ranger
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Omao, Kauai
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Ranger XLT 4X4
Originally posted by CAC91
I have read that they can actually wheel pretty decent but how many asses that drive them will actual use them for anything but taking trips to the mall?
Much of the population still says this about Ex's! ;)

I like 'em. Sure the H2 is not the H1, but it's not meant to be a replacement, but another model. And sure it's big, but only fullsize-big. Some brave souls do the Rubicon in fullsizes. In 5 years or so, we'll being seeing some H2's on the trail.

Texplorer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Morgantown, WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT 4x4 4.0
WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU BUY A HUMMER AND THEN PUT STREET RIMS AND TIRES ON IT?????

I think the only reason for that is because with the H1 you cant get a 20" type show rim because of the bolt pattern. Now that the H2 has a normal bolt pattern you can easily do it. Even though I think it is pointless.

mikem74

Reaction score
City, State
Denver,CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 XLT
I think they are sweet! Not sure what they are capable of off road but I know when I see one they catch my eye.

410Fortune

Truck Season!!
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 "Slightly" Modified
Callsign
FOURTEN
I read an article, It's either in Off Road or Peterson, cant remember, but they werecalling it the best 4x4 they have ever tested????? Sounds like a load of crap to me, no way can the H2 outwheel a Rubicon, defender 90, or anything else for that matter, it's just too big, the breakover angle is gonna hurt ya.

N E Ways they have their niche in the market and the H2 is filling it nicely, just wish I had the kind of $$$$$$ to be dropping on something like that, but then if I did I;d get myselfa 98 Supra 6 speed, drop in a single turbo, mod the heck out of it for about 550 RWHP and still have $5K to dump into wheels and a stereo........