Hurculining my cladding! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hurculining my cladding!

I did all of it, How many coats did you use? I did two thick coats and im going to spray on some uv protectant soon too so maybe that will help it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I did all of it, How many coats did you use? I did two thick coats and im going to spray on some uv protectant soon too so maybe that will help it.

I assume the question is to me? haha I put a light cover coat on followed by a thick coat. I didn't put UV protectant on because I may be going to flat black paint. Take plenty of pictures and show us.

Hey Midnight what's the name of your truck club?

Well here she is folks! I'm proud of how its turned out. :D

db81ed7b.jpg

057c5ee2.jpg

c3bed975.jpg

31020756.jpg

I decided to go ahead and use back to black on the other black plastic parts.

9b7f5ce9.jpg

Looks great! I kinda want to redo mine now that I see yours...

Looks good, especially with the black wheels and raised white letters.

Damm dude thats awesome what did you use and how long did it take. Did you take off the bumpers and side skirts

How is that stuff gripping to the plastic?

Thanks guys!

dinks, I just used regular Hurculiner do-it-yourself truck bed liner. It takes a full day almost but i did half one day and the rest the next. I took off the sides and rear bumper.

Pjibs, Its "guaranteed" to stick to almost anything i just had to scuff up the plastic with sandpaper and clean it really well with something like acetone before you start.

Here's my radio bezel. I forgot to get a shot of it on here the other day.

1aae04c2.jpg

3eb951f1.jpg

:thumbsup:

Back