Husky / WeatherTech Floor and Cargo Liners | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Husky / WeatherTech Floor and Cargo Liners

Mishtar

Reaction score
City, State
Colorado Springs, Co
Year, Model & Trim Level
Just going to post an email I received back. I know someone had mentioned the weathertech ones for the front floor only show up on their website but it will not be available to ship for 6-8 weeks. Acording to this email the Husky ones are ready to ship now.

Don,

The liners are available and have been shipping for several days. We try not list the parts on-line before they are shipping because one way we “grade” ourselves on shipping is by tracking backorders. To list a part before it was ever available and take orders ahead of time would create false backorders and consequently skew our grade downward.

Thanks for your interest!

Steve Bower

Engineering Manager

Winfield Consumer Products/Husky Liners

22425 D. Street / P.O. Box 839

Winfield, KS 67156

800-344-8759 ext. 113

www.huskyliners.com

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just going to post an email I received back. I know someone had mentioned the weathertech ones for the front floor only show up on their website but it will not be available to ship for 6-8 weeks. Acording to this email the Husky ones are ready to ship now.
I checked with the local Husky distributer early last week and they did not have the mats or liner in stock yet. I'll check with them again. What I like about the Husky mats is that they make a 1 piece mat for the second row. Thanks for the update.

I like that it's probably going to be under $130 front and second row.

They look OK but I question the quality of the Husky vs WeatherTech. I have had both and IMHO WeatherTech is higher quality, and tighter fit to the Explorer floor.

Higher quality is worth the extra cost to me.

Yes but if you wait for the Weathertech Liners you may need to spend even more to have your carpets detailed in the car from the extra 6 to 8 weeks of not having any protection......

I have Weathertech liners (the laser measured ones) in our Odyssey - 1st & 2nd rows + cargo area. They are great and the first little while, we hardly notice they are there. I picked up the All Weather floor mats, but once the Weathertech's are available I will for sure be picking up another set. With kids, Upstate NY weather, soccer and mud and dirt, you can't beat them. They contain everything, and even are designed so any excess liquid runs out to the sides and can drain out that way. Good stuff!

Received my floor mats from ebay. Below is similar auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2011...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

The fit is very nice and they fit more floor area than the stock ones. Very durable and will last. I know they don't look quite as nice as weathertec but are a little cheaper and I just need them to protect car in harsh wisconsin winters and needed the cargo mat for the back with my 2 labs. Below are pics.

DSC_0133.jpg

DSC_0132.jpg

DSC_0131.jpg
DSC_0130.jpg

DSC_0129.jpg

DSC_0128.jpg

DSC_0127.jpg

DSC_0126.jpg

DSC_0125.jpg

DSC_0124.jpg

DSC_0123.jpg

Cargo area liner looks fine, but I'm not keen on the ones in the front. Too much carpet exposed for my liking.

I ordered the Husky liners and cargo mat tonight, once I actually get my Explorer and the mats I will post up some pictures. They seem to make form fitting ones now just like Weathertech and unlike weather tech they actually have them made and ready to ship.

Now I am just trying to get a after market hitch from etrailers for the bike rack but they said to call back tomorrow to see if their manufature even has started producing them for the Explorer yet.

Cargo area liner looks fine, but I'm not keen on the ones in the front. Too much carpet exposed for my liking.

I agree, too much dirt on the side carpeted areas, too much on the dead pedal, too much on the gas pedal area.

Add snow and water to that mix and you have it all under the mats.

Or add 3 kids with muddy soccer boots or better snow covered boots and you have a swimming pool on the floor.

The WeatherTech LaserFit mats are like "Bowls" covering all those exposed carpet areas which allows for nothing to get under the mats to the carpet.

Wet carpet means moisture inside the vehicle and foggy windows.

I have the OEM rubber mats and they are similar to these and my carpets are really dirty.

WeatherTech hurry up!

Yes...WeatherTech hurry up. I love the last cut liners in my Odyssey, and while I got the factory all weather mats, those are just to hold me over until I can get the WT ones. Great attention to detail on those. In my Odyssey, there is no center floor console so the driver and passenger side liners meet in the middle. The middle and third row go all the way across, and the cargo liner always stays in even with seat folded. Great product...can't wait. Only question is whether go with black or grey to match the black leather, but in the end my bet is it will all be black.

The Engineering Manager from Husky sent me some pictures of what they look like in the Explorer. If someone is willing to send me an email I can send you the photos to upload. I really am not that great with computers and probably could not figure out how to upload the photos.

don_macdonald@hotmail.com

Anyone?

Ok I sent the pictures to you Peter, maybe you can figure out how to post them on here.

I ordered mine last night around 10pm and they said they Fed Ex'ed them today according to the tracking numbers I received about 30 mins ago. I won't be able to get them until i have a vehicle to drive down across the border though......Wish Ford could get my damn SUV here that fast!

Hopefully one of you two can figure out how to post the pictures up!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hopefully one of you two can figure out how to post the pictures up!
You need to:

1. Upload your images to a photo hosting website like Imageshack or Photobucket. Once uploaded, you can get the URL of the picture you want to post. Copy the URL.

2. In the post editor, hit the Insert Image button (looks like a little yellow picture). Paste the copied URL into the popup window.

3. Done!

Back