HVAC blower stuck on HIGH | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HVAC blower stuck on HIGH

pinpoint2

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Mercury Mountaineer
Greetings. The HVAC blower fan on my '06 Mountaineer is now stuck on high anytime the engine is running. The blend doors still change but the fan speed is maxed and does not change with the switch. Vehicle has automatic climate control and rear a/c if that matters.

Poking around the web indicates that it could be the blower motor resistor...? but hate to throw away $60 on chance and certainly do not want to go to the stealership. Wondering if anyone on this forum has had same issue, and/or other suggestions on what to check.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Start with the resistor, that sounds about right for those issues.

Greetings. The HVAC blower fan on my '06 Mountaineer is now stuck on high anytime the engine is running. The blend doors still change but the fan speed is maxed and does not change with the switch. Vehicle has automatic climate control and rear a/c if that matters.

Poking around the web indicates that it could be the blower motor resistor...? but hate to throw away $60 on chance and certainly do not want to go to the stealership. Wondering if anyone on this forum has had same issue, and/or other suggestions on what to check.

Thanks in advance for the help!

If you have the automatic climate control you don't have a resistor pack. It's a solid state fan controller module that costs significantly more. I had to replace one on my last explorer and the symptoms were exactly the same.

Back