HVAC Fan Slows To Minimum and Beeps Continuously | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HVAC Fan Slows To Minimum and Beeps Continuously

Al8782

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
My touch screen randomly while driving will lower the fan speeds itself. You actually see one bar decrease one at a time until it gets to the last bar which is minimum fan speed, but it keeps beeping like someone is still pressing the buttons. Then it’s stuck there beeping and beeping over again, can’t increase the fan speed. And it’ll eventually stop or I can touch the + passenger button fan speed option, the one not on the touch screen and the beeping will stop.

My touch screen randomly while driving will lower the fan speeds itself. You actually see one bar decrease one at a time until it gets to the last bar which is minimum fan speed, but it keeps beeping like someone is still pressing the buttons. Then it’s stuck there beeping and beeping over again, can’t increase the fan speed. And it’ll eventually stop or I can touch the + passenger button fan speed option, the one not on the touch screen and the beeping will stop.
Other than the issue with the self-decreasing fan speed, do the other screen functions work? When you turn the vehicle OFF and then ON again, does the HVAC system then function normally until the next random event?

Peter

Yes the other functions work when the beeping noise is going. While the beeping noise is going the on screen fan speed buttons don’t work.

To stop the beeping instantly the off screen bottom + left temperature button and off screen bottom + fan speed bottom will stop the beeping. Sometime it’ll come back within a minute or two.

If I turn the car off while it’s beeping, it’ll still beep when I turn it back on.

Today when I started the car for the first time it started beeping instantly. And if I let it continue to beep it’ll sound like it’s trying to stop because it’ll beep once wait a second and beep again, then start it’s continuous beeping.

After sometime it will eventually stop.

My wife thinks It has something to do with the heat. .

Thanks

My bet would be FCIM (front controls interface module, aka the physical buttons below the screen). If you're mechanically inclined next time it does it you could pull the plug from it and see if it stops. Need a 7mm ratchet and a trim tool, peel all the silver off and take out the 7mm bolts and pull the FCIM off and unplug.

Back