hvac man's 93' sport | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

hvac man's 93' sport

hvac man's 93' sport (updated 5/15/04)

Well this is it after nearly three years of installing and uninstalling mods I have finaly come closer to the explorer I have always wanted :D

In one year I have installed a 5.5" superlift, superrunner steering, twin ARB lockers, 4.10 gears, custom round tube rock sliders, 2 sets 33-12.5-15 MT's on outlaw II wheels, AR python wheels, black rockcrawler wheels and then just when it was all finished I decided to rip it all out and start over ;)

I got bit by the SAS bug that was going around so I guess I just had to have one :) Now my parts list goes something like this:

D30 sas w/ long arms

4" custom springs by auto fab

spring over rear rancho single aal

8.8 Dynamic Motor Sports diff support/ cover

Rancho 9000's

twin ARB's w/ 4.88 gears

custom heim joint steering and track bar

34-12.5-15 Supper Swamper Truxs MT's

15x8 American racing Pythons

custom round tube sliders

custom front bumper w/ Magna 9000lb winch

tom woods custom drive shafts front and rear

wheel base streached out to 105" from 102"

Warn Chromoly front axle shafts

Atlas II 4.3:1 transfercase

Future mods include:

custom rear bumper

roll cage

I will always look for ways to transform and make my explorer better for the trail but for this year I am pretty much just going to leave it alone :)

Oh thanks to the people here at explorer4x4 for showing me that I can spend an ungodly amount of money on an explorer :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

"Holy Cross" I almost forgot about "Holy Cross" you have to run that while you are here it is a really fun trail with great scenery and it is located in Vail so pretty close to Frisco ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well I though it was time for an update.

Since the last update I have installed Warn chromoly axle shafts, Atlas II 4.3 t-case, removed the rear seats, bypassed the clutch safety switch, and hard mounted my HI-Lift jack.

Here are a few pics of the Atlas 4.3 installed.

Attachments

• my15^002.jpg
    my15^002.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 321
  • my15^003.jpg
    my15^003.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 310
  • my15^008.jpg
    my15^008.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 324

Great job, looks fantastic. :chug:

Sure Clint go ahead show us all the neat stuff we cant afford! hahaha
Was great wheelin with ya in Moab.....hopefully we can do it again and I wont need the bypasses and I can lick my tranny air sucking problems....on and get a rear locker and a cage, etc etc etc

Thanks Jamie ;) It was great to meet you and I can't wait to do it again :D I don't want to have to pull you up the steep stuff anymore though ;).....LOL

I bought a new F-150 this week so I may have more explorer mods coming soon :bounce: Seems like we are always playing catch-up in this recreational sport :D

Thalk to you later.

I still cant believe I got hung up on mirror gultch when I walked it with 31's and open diffs! hahahaha but sometimes instead of holding up everyone and trying different lines you just swallow pride and take a strap :)
hahaha

Back