HWY 4, Deer Valley, CA, Sat-oct 16th to 17th | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HWY 4, Deer Valley, CA, Sat-oct 16th to 17th

goliath

Reaction score
City, State
martinez, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 explorer 4x4 sport

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That should be about right for timing. I'm renting a plasma cutter to fix a problem on the zuk (cracks/cuts in axle tube under the perches in the rear axle) and should have everything back together by Oct 2nd.

Sounds good. You have camping sites figured out yet??

I swear all we have here in Ca is a bunch of wannabee off roaders. Is everyone in Ca afraid of the dirt??? Dam panzies lets wheel!!!!

It's probably because you haven't offered them a Wine & Cheese tour, along with some liberal-based film on some issue that's near and dear to them..

Let me fix that for ya:
Positive Vibes said:
I swear all we have here in Nor Cal is a bunch of wannabee off roaders. Is everyone in Nor Cal afraid of the dirt??? Dam panzies lets wheel!!!!
:p

tdavis said:
It's probably because you haven't offered them a Wine & Cheese tour, along with some liberal-based film on some issue that's near and dear to them..[/QUOTE

LOL! Good point! Wonder if we offer wine and apps if they will show up? Should we post on another board seeing how all we have is wimpy Californians that are scared of the dirt. ;)

Jefe said:
Let me fix that for ya:

:p

True! I didn't mean to lump you in with the Norcal panzies! ;)

LOL...
started another north-cal south-cal war... jk! so is this it? 3 trucks in northern cal that wheel? pathetic...

positive vibes... I will look into camping on monday, too busy right now to do it. having to work for a living sucks... anyone got a million $ i can have? :D

goliath said:
LOL...
started another north-cal south-cal war... jk! so is this it? 3 trucks in northern cal that wheel? pathetic...

positive vibes... I will look into camping on monday, too busy right now to do it. having to work for a living sucks... anyone got a million $ i can have? :D

Not much of a war. You would think that the french all live in Nor cal!!!! :p

Positive Vibes said:
I swear all we have here in Ca is a bunch of wannabee off roaders. Is everyone in Ca afraid of the dirt??? Dam panzies lets wheel!!!!

I know your not talking about me... :rolleyes: I'm still trying to get the dirt out of my teeth! :D

Stic-o said:
I know your not talking about me... :rolleyes: I'm still trying to get the dirt out of my teeth! :D

LOL :D

So were up to 3 vehicles??

I'm gonna have to move down south where people actually off road!!!

I'm gonna bump this every day in hopes of finding some real off road people. Ken Cooke where you at???

Positive Vibes said:
I'm gonna bump this every day in hopes of finding some real off road people. Ken Cooke where you at???

I see, so im not a real off road person :D

BTW it looks like camping at the trailhead on hwy 88 for the deer valley trail. i dont see any other camping around? I need to maybe do a pre run this weekend to the hwy 4 area and see hit some trails and check camping. :D

Josh, I will ask my friends where we usually camp when running Deer Valley and let you know what I find out.

So we still have wimps up in Nor Cal??? I can't believe no wants to wheel??????

Ok is there any other sites you two know of that we might be able to get a few more rigs. 3 rigs is just sad, very sad!

I do believe the hwy-4 trail head has camping spots too.

There is alot of camping spots along hwy-4 after the bear valley ski resort.

Is that primitive camping or site camping??

Tom I sent you a PM.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We usually camp on Tamarack Lake. There's also Blue Lakes but they
were full every time we were up there.

Back