HWY 4, Deer Valley, CA, Sat-oct 16th to 17th | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HWY 4, Deer Valley, CA, Sat-oct 16th to 17th

This is so sad. We can't get more than 3 vehicles to trail????? Sad! Soo Sad!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can always join our run :D we got what, 15 or so rigs interested so far? :thumbsup:

I'm still working on the zuk.. my plans got upside down on Saturday (don't ask, I'm sworn to secrecy - the problem will be fixed this week)

LOL @ Colin...now you've started somethin'.

So Tom and Josh. If we only have 3 rigs do we still want to do this run?

This is what my buddies wife said about camping up there.
She is refering to Deer Valley trial
"It's only like 15 min's maybe from the head of the trail. Blue Lakes is
right at the head but if you follow the river up past the lakes it's
primitive camping. There are also lots of camping on the actual trail."

Positive Vibes said:
So Tom and Josh. If we only have 3 rigs do we still want to do this run?

?????
I am getting sent to Orange County in L.A. to work next week, and will not be able to post till friday night when i return before the run. If there is still interest I will go. Thats assuming they dont make me stay down there more than one week. I guess what i am saying is im totally up in the air on this now, anything can happen. I'll just have to wait and see. :mad:
?????

-joshua

Tom what do you think?

Zuk is still in parts.

I still need time to work on it. I'll get somethings done this weekend, but not everything I would like to get done.

So, I'd say cancel it. Wrench fest at the house instead! :D

tdavis said:
Zuk is still in parts.

I still need time to work on it. I'll get somethings done this weekend, but not everything I would like to get done.

So, I'd say cancel it. Wrench fest at the house instead! :D

Thats a thought. The Zuk still isn't street legal but the X needs her rocksliders reinforced. There is always stuff to do on the X. Lets play it by ear as it gets closer.

Well, I screwed up and forgot to order a part from the local toyota stealership.

I will not be getting the zuk back together for sure this weekend. So that means I'll be doing some of the work I was just going to put off till after this run.

Well, to add fire to the situation..

There is two major fire(s) burning in the Sierras right now. One on hwy 50, near Wrights Lake Road (Kyburz Pass), which is just a few miles up hwy50 from Ice House Road.

The other fire is burning near the end of the Deer Valley trail from the sounds of it - they have totally closed down hwy 88 at this time.

After my experience at Los Coyotes with a forest fire, I'm out. There is no way I'm going to be within 25 miles of a major forest fire.

tdavis said:

There is two major fire(s) burning in the Sierras right now. One on hwy 50, near Wrights Lake Road (Kyburz Pass), which is just a few miles up hwy50 from Ice House Road.

The other fire is burning near the end of the Deer Valley trail from the sounds of it - they have totally closed down hwy 88 at this time.

After my experience at Los Coyotes with a forest fire, I'm out. There is no way I'm going to be within 25 miles of a major forest fire.

I hear ya Tom. So where is the next run? Truckhaven??? And when???

Positive Vibes said:
I hear ya Tom. So where is the next run? Truckhaven??? And when???

Truckhaven, Thanksgivings weekend - Nov 26, 27, 28

DWD is coming down for tubing work Nov 20/21, and then we head down from here on thursday sometime.

tdavis said:

well said!

It looks like this run is cursed. lets shoot for the truckhaven run. so is it still going to be shop time at toms on sat? or do i go out and run hollister on sat to get my wheeling fix? :D

I will be going to my step moms Bday party. So I'm out Josh.

Hey CORVA is having an 4x4 thing going on at Frank Raines on Halloween weekend. I was planning on attending that if your interested?

I fully plan to work on the zuk. I have to hit the toyota dealership to get a part in the AM, and then it's rebuild time!

If you want to come over Goliath, that's fine with me, I can always use a second hand.

So did you get anything done Tom??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I uhm.. Visited the local pick-n-pull, since they was having a 1/2 off sale. Which meant, I also visited the Fairfield p-n-p; then headed to Woodland to look at something I'm thinking of buying next year.

I did get all the parts finally, and got this done tonight...

Attachments

• fj60-box-tapped.jpg
    fj60-box-tapped.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 115

Back