I AM BACK!! With another 94XLT

mhallack

Reaction score
City, State
Rockland, Maine
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT
Hi Folks,

Well yesterday we found another Explorer, again a 94 XLT. Paid $800 for it, had to get a minor muffler issue fixed, along with a new tail light. Runs awesome. Between this Explorer and my last one, had two different cars, compared to the Explorers, they sucked. I only got rid of our last Explorer due to severe rust issues, which this one does not.

Anyway I am now home again people!!

yuuuh001.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I doubt they are original!! :D The truck was on Craigslist, not exactly as advertised. Was listed as an Eddie Bauer, (XLT) no rust (has some but easily fixable) and for $1000. They then tell us $800 without us haggling. Muffler was hanging so I had a shop fix it for $25. Now I just have to go through all the fluids, replace the plugs and wires, and give the inside a good scrub down. CEL will come on when started, then shut off after 30 seconds, not sure if I should bother checking codes for that.

Looks like a score for $800!

Welcome back!

Thanks!! I am happy to be be back here and have another Explorer. I wanted another 1st Gen or a 2nd Gen, nothing newer. I am going to nickname this one "Green Monster" Since this one doesn't have the massive rust issues my white 1st. gen had, I will be hanging on to this one for quite a while.

I do wonder what happened to it. I sold it to somebody local and saw it for a few months afterwards driven around town on an expired inspection. But it's now vanished.

My 94 is that color too , her name is Jade....love that Explorer

Back