I am closing on my house today | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

I am closing on my house today

mechanic021

Reaction score
Today at 4:00 I am doing the final paper work and closing on my house I am purchasing. Its awesome I am getting my own house but at the same time it freaks me out to . I got a great deal on the house and all but its still the thought of signing that paper then someone owns me for 30 years lol I just hope all goes well at closing ane maybe walk away with a little extra money in my pocket.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

CaptainObvious

Reaction score
City, State
Central, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 XLT
Pay an extra $10-$50 a month, hell even $5. You'll be amazed at the money you'll save in the long run

mechanic021

Reaction score
yeah thats what my mortgage broker told us. He said if we were able to pay an extra payment each year it will turn the 30 year mortgage into a 17 year mortgage.

410Fortune

Truck Season!!
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 "Slightly" Modified
Callsign
FOURTEN
Excellent, congrats!

I did the same in August!
I am LOVING my house, the garage mostly, muahahaha!

I never thought I would buy a house for jsut me, but I couldn't be happier.
My best friend moved inm so that will help with the mortgage payment, it's alot of fun!

My closing was about $6K less then expected.
I think I spent that on new crap in about 8 days :) hahaha

Enjoy it and pat youself on the back for a job well done!

PICTURES!
athome.jpg

mechanic021

Reaction score
Im gonna have to get some pictures up for you guys when i get all settled in. This is my first house and im only 23 so it was a long confusing prcoess to say the least lol. My fiance and her son are going to be living with me as well and she is pregnant with our hopefully daughter so I went from supporting myself to a soon to be family of 4 so my stress level is through the roof lol I just cant wait to get all moved in and get my workshop set up in the basement.

410Fortune

Truck Season!!
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 "Slightly" Modified
Callsign
FOURTEN
workshop with attached house :)

Congrats again! It took me till 32 to buy mine, rented for a long time, bought a condo, repaired my credit (ouch), saved up huge down payment, then finally...

I bought my house from my best friend, I pestered him for 3 years to sell it to me :p

rizzjc

Scubajoe - Radio Mod
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Garner, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2019 F150
Callsign
N1LVN
You're buying at the right time (while you are young). Good job! Make the extra payments; personally prefer to "round up" my monthly payment, and each year look at how much more I can put on it. I had my 1st house down close to 10 years to pay off, but then got married, had two kids, had to move to a bigger place, and I'm back up again to 20 years on the current payment. So, do all that you can to build up that equity early! (Just make sure you can still eat!) ;-)