• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

I bought a 1994 Aerostar with 80K miles!

don-ohio

Reaction score
City, State
jackson,ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Aerostar extended
I wish Ford would bring them back. I found a nearly `new' 1994 with only 80K miles in Mt. Crawford,Va,360 miles away. Perfect condition.I bought it so I could have another Aerostar for many more years.This is my third one. don-ohio :)^)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

BrooklynBay

Moderator & long time member.
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars

don-ohio

Reaction score
City, State
jackson,ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Aerostar extended
Yeah,Brooklyn,I had posted this earlier

Your post was moved into its own thread with a new title. How did you find an Aerostar with 80K miles? Post some pictures of it. Does it have a 3.0L or a 4.0L? Is it extended or a regular size? What about single or dual A/C?

The Aerostar is extended with dual heat,cool,4.0 engine and perfect paint and body. HAD only 80K miles,but I have put over 17K on it.
I found it on Craigslist after a coupla months of looking.Mt.Crawford VA is a long way,but it was worth the drive.
Tomorrow I hope to get the water pump and fan clutch replaced.I'll put it on the rack,drain out the coolant and then get to work.
I'll try to post a pic of it when I bought it,Brooklyn.Thanks! don-ohio :)

BrooklynBay

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
You have to upload the photo to a hosting site such as WWW.PHotoBucket.Com, then link the photo like this:

zenish

Reaction score
City, State
charlotte nc
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 aerostar xlt

Josh P

Shaggin Wagon
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix Az
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 aerostar
What color is the interior?

don-ohio

Reaction score
City, State
jackson,ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Aerostar extended
It's got the light blue interior scheme with light blue cloth seats.Looks almost like new,still.
My old Eddie Bauer had better seats,but I have the air inflator lumbar in both front seats.Bench seats in rear, no buckets.
Great,very comfortable.I'm working right now on the water pump and found out Auto-Zone may have the plastic fan for only 26 bucks.What a country! Thanks for asking,Josh! don-ohio :)^)

don-ohio

Reaction score
City, State
jackson,ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Aerostar extended
Thanks,Zenish! It really is nice! I love it and will drive it to work and everywhere I can for this whole winter.Yeah,it'll rust someday,maybe soon,but I'm ahead of the game right now.don-ohio :)^)

don-ohio

Reaction score
City, State
jackson,ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Aerostar extended
Oh,yeah,I forgot to say that it now has aluminum wheels and ,new shocks,beefed up rear suspension and a class III hitch. I'm ready for bear! don-ohio :)^^)

BrooklynBay

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars

don-ohio

Reaction score
City, State
jackson,ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Aerostar extended
Oh,Man! That is where I fall short,Brooklyn. I'm no good at sending pics from a phone or camera.Sorry! don-ohio :)^)

BrooklynBay

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars

a_d_a_m

Reaction score
City, State
Cleveland, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Ford Aerostar EB
Good god, that thing is minty!

don-ohio

Reaction score
City, State
jackson,ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Aerostar extended
Thanks,Adam! I'm gonna try to make it last forever! LOL! don-ohio :)^)

a_d_a_m

Reaction score
City, State
Cleveland, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Ford Aerostar EB
I'm hoping the winter isn't too bad to my '92.

don-ohio

Reaction score
City, State
jackson,ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Aerostar extended
Whoa! Yer in Cleveland? Well,winter is usually bad there my friend. My 05 Mustang is from Cleveland....a little rusty looking underneath,but none on the paint.
Sorry to tell you I'm a Steelers fan first,Indy second,and Cleveland third.GO STEELERS! don-ohio :)^)

a_d_a_m

Reaction score
City, State
Cleveland, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Ford Aerostar EB
Yeah, I'm out east in the 'burbs, but Cleveland for all purposes. The van is from Florida by way of Maryland, so it's pretty solid underneath.

And no offense taken, as I don't care about the Browns or any football team for that matter. I'm counting down the days until Daytona!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.