I bought a 1994 Aerostar with 80K miles! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I bought a 1994 Aerostar with 80K miles!

don-ohio

Reaction score
City, State
jackson,ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Aerostar extended
I wish Ford would bring them back. I found a nearly `new' 1994 with only 80K miles in Mt. Crawford,Va,360 miles away. Perfect condition.I bought it so I could have another Aerostar for many more years.This is my third one. don-ohio :)^)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Your post was moved into its own thread with a new title. How did you find an Aerostar with 80K miles? Post some pictures of it. Does it have a 3.0L or a 4.0L? Is it extended or a regular size? What about single or dual A/C?

Yeah,Brooklyn,I had posted this earlier

Your post was moved into its own thread with a new title. How did you find an Aerostar with 80K miles? Post some pictures of it. Does it have a 3.0L or a 4.0L? Is it extended or a regular size? What about single or dual A/C?

The Aerostar is extended with dual heat,cool,4.0 engine and perfect paint and body. HAD only 80K miles,but I have put over 17K on it.
I found it on Craigslist after a coupla months of looking.Mt.Crawford VA is a long way,but it was worth the drive.
Tomorrow I hope to get the water pump and fan clutch replaced.I'll put it on the rack,drain out the coolant and then get to work.
I'll try to post a pic of it when I bought it,Brooklyn.Thanks! don-ohio :)

Attachments

• 00303_89NM0SGvTAR_600x450.jpg
    00303_89NM0SGvTAR_600x450.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 370

What color is the interior?

It's got the light blue interior scheme with light blue cloth seats.Looks almost like new,still.
My old Eddie Bauer had better seats,but I have the air inflator lumbar in both front seats.Bench seats in rear, no buckets.
Great,very comfortable.I'm working right now on the water pump and found out Auto-Zone may have the plastic fan for only 26 bucks.What a country! Thanks for asking,Josh! don-ohio :)^)

Thanks,Zenish! It really is nice! I love it and will drive it to work and everywhere I can for this whole winter.Yeah,it'll rust someday,maybe soon,but I'm ahead of the game right now.don-ohio :)^)

Oh,yeah,I forgot to say that it now has aluminum wheels and ,new shocks,beefed up rear suspension and a class III hitch. I'm ready for bear! don-ohio :)^^)

Oh,Man! That is where I fall short,Brooklyn. I'm no good at sending pics from a phone or camera.Sorry! don-ohio :)^)

Good god, that thing is minty!

Thanks,Adam! I'm gonna try to make it last forever! LOL! don-ohio :)^)

I'm hoping the winter isn't too bad to my '92.

Whoa! Yer in Cleveland? Well,winter is usually bad there my friend. My 05 Mustang is from Cleveland....a little rusty looking underneath,but none on the paint.
Sorry to tell you I'm a Steelers fan first,Indy second,and Cleveland third.GO STEELERS! don-ohio :)^)

Yeah, I'm out east in the 'burbs, but Cleveland for all purposes. The van is from Florida by way of Maryland, so it's pretty solid underneath.

And no offense taken, as I don't care about the Browns or any football team for that matter. I'm counting down the days until Daytona!

Low miles,but I'm not a fan of cargo vans.I tried one out once with low miles,but it didn't have a comfortable seat and drove differently altogether from my Eddie and my present one. That looks like the short version and 3.0 V6. don-ohio :)^)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back