I bought a hi-lift x-treme 60" jack. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I bought a hi-lift x-treme 60" jack.

Icuff4cash

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Las vegas
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 aerostar awd
I bought me a hi lift jack for my birthday on Wednesday,built like a tank and almost 30 pounds. This was the top dog of jacks. The other #1 jack they sell was the first responder at $250.00 it's the 911 jack fireman use for auto rescue use. My jack was only $106.00 on eBay from a store called east coast jeep. My jack was the 60" also denotes the more cost. First impressions
1. A tank rated at a safety of 7,000 pounds at sheared pin. And this model gives you 750 pounds of clamping force for loads.
This model comes with a special nose unit that allows easy winching pulling and jacking. It's slotted for 3/8 grade 80 chain and a 7/8 shackle.
2. Very heavy at 30 pounds it. bear to carry and mount to your van. It has custom mounts that cost big money. No add on parts are cheap but if you have a flux core welder the extra parts can be made for almost zip.
3. I found the best way to store the jack was apart. I went to Home Depot bought a 15" husky tool bag $13.00 pulled the foot pin,jack pin and handle pin. Sliding the jack head off the I beam jack and everything but the I beam and handle stores in the bag with room for straps gloves ect and Cary weight cut in half.
My first opinion which is mine don't but a harbor frightening farm jack. Your life depends on this jack. Harbor jack is only $20.00 less depending on hi lift you buy. The harbor jack is crude in welding the jack togeather and if it breaks your out the jack. Hi lift sells replacement parts. Side my side there's no sence trusting your life and not all hi lifts jacks do the same things. All will have 4,000 pounds of lift and a shear pin at 7,000 pounds. Some are cast steel and pressed metal parts. Some are red. There's a red white blue for armed forces collection a black and charcoal finished on the x- trem unit and fire fighter yellow on the 911 unit.
The 911 unit has a swivel foot for better tight fitting and chain cut outs and a hi strength aluminum I beam for reduce weight.
I bought this jack for pulling stumps, if you log onto hi lift u tube channel they show you how easy it's to pull cement fence post,tree stumps and winching and rescue jacking. Yesterday I put it to the test I can't dig since I'm handicap and it works as advertised. I pulled 3 alder bushes they grow in the west. Beautiful flowers but poison. The wood if you burn it gives off poison smoke that can kill you. And the flowers if you cut the branches the pollens will give you respotory problem if you have breathing problems.
Mine were 20' tall and around 6" in dia the trunk. Chopped trunk to 3' tall wrapped a strap around jack and trunk and pumped. Pulled tree right out live the video showed. I would pay twice the price if I knew this the shale in Vegas and az is sun baked with minerals it's like cement. Jack hammer city. On a rateing of 1-10 it's a 15 rescue work,homework,and slip the nose in a trailer hitch and lift your van.
SORRY FOR THE LONG WRITE UP BUT THIS JACK IS ALL ITS ADVERTISING ON U TUBE. JUST WATCH

Sounds like I need to invite myself over when I do my rear upper control arm.

Back