• Register Today It's free!

I Call it "NightHawk"

Night_Hawk

Reaction score
City, State
IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'14 Explorer Limited
hey everyone, finally got some time to posts some picks of my Ex.

Here's a list of my mods so far:

1. "Explorer" all weather floor mats
2. "Explorer" all weather cargo mat
3. OEM Ford mudflaps
4. in channel window vent visors
5. Viscero 770 22" chrome & black rims (265/40/22)
6. 3 Kicker L3 SoloBaric subs (Kicker 1000.1 amp)
7. Dream Autotain dual 9" DVD headrests

Here's what Im still planning to do:

1. blackout the windows and add a bow
2. add halo's to head and fog lights
3. remove the orange reflector from headlights and paint black
4. black ford ovals
5. H&R lowering springs
6. add carbon fiber covers to "wood trim" interior

Here are some picture, hope you all enjoy...and thanks to those before me who gave me some great ideas!

Attachments

• 20130813_152331.jpg
    20130813_152331.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 1,924
  • 20130813_152319.jpg
    20130813_152319.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 1,865
  • 2013-07-23 02.33.29.jpg
    2013-07-23 02.33.29.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 1,900
  • 2013-07-23 02.35.28.jpg
    2013-07-23 02.35.28.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 1,906
  • 20130712_150647.jpg
    20130712_150647.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 1,904
  • 20130712_150715.jpg
    20130712_150715.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 1,908

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

more...

Attachments

• 20130813_153002.jpg
    20130813_153002.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 1,848
  • 20130715_181801.jpg
    20130715_181801.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 1,855
  • 20130715_160047.jpg
    20130715_160047.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 1,830
  • 20130715_155919.jpg
    20130715_155919.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 1,883

Your Ex is looking good, can't wait to see it once all the mods are done.

I think you should add painting the roof racks black to your list. I did it on mine and it makes a big difference.

thanks bro, i might look into that down the road

Very nice looking ride you have there. The only thing I would question is the OEM all weather floor mats. If it's functionality you were after, both the Husky and WeatherTech liners are far superior to the OEM mats. Perhaps it isn't a consideration where you live. Again, that is one sharp looking Explorer.:thumbsup:

Peter

I like those headrest monitors, I'm always one of those paranoid people who never like to leave anything of value inside the vehicle ever since having my stereo system stolen from my HD truck back in '04. Those headrest monitors are nice as it looks like they quickly cover up and look factory. Any info on price and install?

Very nice looking ride you have there. The only thing I would question is the OEM all weather floor mats. If it's functionality you were after, both the Husky and WeatherTech liners are far superior to the OEM mats. Perhaps it isn't a consideration where you live. Again, that is one sharp looking Explorer.:thumbsup:

Peter

i bought the explorer mats, well, because they say explorer on them..lol...not so much functionality, more for cosmetics....and thanks peter

I like those headrest monitors, I'm always one of those paranoid people who never like to leave anything of value inside the vehicle ever since having my stereo system stolen from my HD truck back in '04. Those headrest monitors are nice as it looks like they quickly cover up and look factory. Any info on price and install?

thanks harley, and i agree with with you...im still kinda paranoid about my stuff since i havnt got my windows blacked out yet. anyway, the set i have are called autotain dream 9" model. you can find them on ebay and very easy to install...maybe a little time consuming...2-3 hrs if u are a perfectionist like me.

Nice...real nice rear dvd setup-looks very good.

Hi night hawk, noticed that you removed the 2nd row headrests, I am trying to remove mine but it seems that it is not removable, or at least that is what I feel. Im afraid that if I try forcing it. it might break. Was yours easy to remove?. Thanks

Hi night hawk, noticed that you removed the 2nd row headrests, I am trying to remove mine but it seems that it is not removable, or at least that is what I feel. Im afraid that if I try forcing it. it might break. Was yours easy to remove?. Thanks

iirc, you hafta squeeze the buttons on both sides of the base and lift...if that makes sense. a ton easier if u have a 2nd set of hands for a minute or two. hope this helps

iirc, you hafta squeeze the buttons on both sides of the base and lift...if that makes sense. a ton easier if u have a 2nd set of hands for a minute or two. hope this helps

Did the same thing but there were a lot of resistance compared to the 1st row headrest which was very very easy to remove.. Will try it again and hope not to break it.

Did the same thing but there were a lot of resistance compared to the 1st row headrest which was very very easy to remove.. Will try it again and hope not to break it.

i dont remember a lot of resistance, i do remember it being a PITA bc as mentioned there are 2 buttons to push as opposed to 1 on the older models

thanks harley, and i agree with with you...im still kinda paranoid about my stuff since i havnt got my windows blacked out yet. anyway, the set i have are called autotain dream 9" model. you can find them on ebay and very easy to install...maybe a little time consuming...2-3 hrs if u are a perfectionist like me.

Yea those headrest monitors look great... never heard of Autotain tho... hows your experience been with em?

Had a few questions if you don't mind:
  1. Does the material on them match the explorer's interior well?
  2. Is the $335 the price for both of them, or do I need to order quantity 2?
  3. What size posts did you need to use?
  4. What is the distance between the posts? (needed to see if the other models they make will fit. my explorer is currently on order ETA mid-January! :D)

Also, had you considered these at all? http://www.onfair.com/pair-autotain-envy-9-android-tablet-car-headrest-video-monitor-black/

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Yea those headrest monitors look great... never heard of Autotain tho... hows your experience been with em?

Had a few questions if you don't mind:
  1. Does the material on them match the explorer's interior well?
  2. Is the $335 the price for both of them, or do I need to order quantity 2?
  3. What size posts did you need to use?
  4. What is the distance between the posts? (needed to see if the other models they make will fit. my explorer is currently on order ETA mid-January! :D)

Also, had you considered these at all? http://www.onfair.com/pair-autotain-envy-9-android-tablet-car-headrest-video-monitor-black/

Thanks for any help you can provide!

hi Lakers,

sorry for the delayed response as i have not been on here in awhile. to answer your questions, my system "looks" and matches perfect, but functionality wise they are junk. dont waste the money on them like i did...if its not to late!

Back