• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

I finally dropped my 95

Texan01

Reaction score
City, State
Dallas, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Explorer XLT
Well after talking about it for seems like years (6 months) I finally anted up and lowered my X 1". Only did that as a nice compromise between off-paved-road clearance, and improvement in handling.

Wound up buying some $25 1" blocks and let off the torsion bars a couple turns. made a big improvement in handling, no more tippy feeling, and a much more controlled ride, almost eerie how smooth it is on some roads that before you'd feel the ripples on. This whole little experiment took me an hour total.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

rvitek

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wauconda, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 XLT 5.0
Yessir! It's exactly what I want to do! I've searched and search and I haven't found out what to do to lower it. Can you describe it and show it off with some pictures?

I want to join the club!

Thanks!

Ry.

Texan01

Reaction score
City, State
Dallas, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Explorer XLT
I don't have pictures but this'll work just as well as me taking them
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=56467

95-00 4 door and -02 Sports all have the same suspension so this still applies.

If mine's sitting by itself it doesn't look any different, park it next to a stock Ex and it sits lower.

Mine wound up being 1 1/2" lower in the front and 1" in the rear so it still keeps it's rake that I like.

Maybe this weekend I'll scan in my polaroids that I took of before and after.