I finally got around to taking off my side moldings | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I finally got around to taking off my side moldings

Here is a pic with out my side moldings. It took me about 2 hours to remove with a heat gun and a plastic paint spatula. An incredibly easy mod I would highly recommend. Whatcha think.

355850_7_full.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

shoot that looks killer! defintely gives it that unique look. dont know what doing that to my x would look like though cause i got the eddie bauer paint scheme

are you talking about the moulding 3/4 ways down? if you are i might do the same my driver side is starting to peel

Yeah I am talking about the ones that are black silver in the middle and say explorer on the 2 front doors. Here is a more close up pick of where they were.

355850_8_full.jpg

They were right below that indention line.

ok cool, from the original pic i really couldnt tell, that looks alright, i might just do that, seing as if i fix mine it'll prob. just come off soon anyway

Yeah when they come off you'll find 2 strips of 3m double sided tape. When I took of mine I just slowly ripped of the molding. That left the tape on the truck, then heated up the tape and scraped it off with a plastic paint scraper.

mine are all messed up from rocks out at the river id like to take them off but i think it would look rather funny because of the tan color on the bottom of my truck meets the red under that molding

Yeah I would have to agree my friend took his off and he has an EB and it just didn't look right. His was green on top of tan. We had them off in 2 hours he took a look at them and we had them back on in 3 hours :D

Back