I found a gasket under my hood. Where is it from? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I found a gasket under my hood. Where is it from?

ngrover

Reaction score
City, State
Calgary Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Aerostar XLT AWD
I'm trying to rescue a 1997 4.0 ohv Aerostar from friend. I've been under the hood lately and found a red rubber gasket / seal thingy. Anyone know where this goes? (ignore plugs)

Thanks!

CIMG9399.JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

normally this kind of gasket goes around an electrical connector to prevent the water from entering the plug

My pleasure to help someone...Administrator of this forum gave me a free elite membership so i must honor it by helping others the most i can. :) I am french canadian so my english is not good and some on this sites laugh of it but hey as long as i can help a little ..hehehe

My pleasure to help someone...Administrator of this forum gave me a free elite membership so i must honor it by helping others the most i can. :) I am french canadian so my english is not good and some on this sites laugh of it but hey as long as i can help a little ..hehehe

It's better than some in the USA. (you know who you are)

Better than some french canadian in USA or people in general? Yes i know who i am...a mother f***** :D

What I meant was your english is better spelled and that you actually use punctuation in a language that is not yours. You are ahead of many people that have grown up using the english language as their native tongue. :thumbsup: They know who they are. But, then again, so does everybody else. Just try to read their posts.

Back